Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Time to introduce ourselves

Muddypaw

Cavy Slave
I kinda just jumped right into the cages forum but figured since the girls came home yesterday might as well do a formal introduction.
Our new family additions are Jasmine & "Name has yet to be determined as it's a battle over Tibbles or Mariota". Originally I was under the impression that we were going to be rescuing adults but nope we ended up with 5 week old piggies. Not that I mind. Jasmine's from Idaho and "Name has yet to be determined as it's a battle over Tibbles or Mariota" is from Grants Pass. Only way I can tell them apart is from their ear tags. They have been doing fabulous together and love the kids still not sure over our drooling dogs who have become stalkers.

piggies.jpg

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hello, and welcome to the forum! I know what you mean by just jumping in, I did that too. :)
Your girls are very cute. They look like twins! (I think Tibbles would be the best name for your other girl, in my own opinion)

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
I myself would rather adopt younger guinea pigs because they are way more easy to train. Your piggies are very cute, my girl is black to but with a white spot in her head and a little white on her neck.

Attachments

uploadfromtaptalk1383588263460.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1383588295291.jpg

TwoMissPiggies

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Lovely piggies!

pandatoco

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! Your babies are super cute.

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
Welcome and they are lovely. I have an all black boy that is just gorgeous too with that sleek black coat.

I just hate those ear tags! (not your fault of course) A vet or experienced rescue person can remove those if you want. I always fear they will get caught on something if they get spooked and run by something fast. And their ears are so fragile and thin anyway. Breeders usually put those in for 4H animals or for shows.

Muddypaw

Cavy Slave
Thanks guys. The dogs are the only ones still not too sure. Our belgian malinois is the biggest baby over them but he's a high strung stalker lol Our 2 "mid" kids are cloverbuds which is why I choose to adopt. I have my foot down, I never have nor ever will breed. Didn't with my AKC Rottie when he was still living and won't start now, hubs knows that. Now if we're talking goats, heifers, chickens, or meat rabbits that's totally different IMO as we eat our animals and the goats are would keep our pastures contained, but cats, dogs and cavies are a negative in my book. But we're still renting so I don't have to worry about that bridge yet.

The girls are cuddly, love to watch the dogs back and chased my little hand broom around this morning when I was cleaning their house up.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.