Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Fleece flipper questions

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
I already use fleece but it's so difficult to clean in the huge sheets they are in. So these questions are for the fleece flipper fans!

1. How often do you wash your flippers?
2. How many extra flippers do you have besides the basic amount for your cage?
3. Are they as easy to change as they claim?

sugarandspice

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
My friend has fleece flippers and I asked him these questions.

1: He washes 7-10 days with spot cleaning 2 times a day.

2: he bought a 4 set of fleece flippers, 8 uhaul pads, and 4 looses flippers so he has 2 sets. As long as you don't crave variety, then I think two sets would be fine.

3: they are easy to change, but a little glamorized on the testimonials, but still worth the money. Getting them on were a challenge for me at first, but then it got much easier.

Way better than piggy bedspreads I told me.

I plan on getting them soon! :)

Guineapigpro

Cavy Slave
1) I wash them once every seven days, flip them every fourth day, and spot clean them every day. I have one pig living in a 2x6 alone. (He lives alone due to valid medical conditions that could be contagious, and other personal reasons.)

2) I have two full sets, total.

3) Putting them together is a little hard, and it takes a little longer to take up than regular fleece. (b/c you have to take them apart) How long does it take you to take up your fleece? They're a little pricey, and possibly more work. But they are are very neat.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
... but a little glamorized on the testimonials, but still worth the money.

:) I just want to say that our testimonials for the Fleece Flippers are 100% from customers who've used the product over time. We confirm that and they are all the customer's words, we do not edit them. The testimonials are not from people who just think they look cool. They're from actual customers and unsolicited. Most of our customers love them.

Two sets of Flippers gives you 4 different patterns. In addition, you can alternate the panels in the cage for variety (for example: solid, print, solid, print). You can just get more cases later to add more variety, too. You don't need to buy the whole flipper set. A new set of 4 cases only (for a 2x4 grid cage) is only $38. And that gives you 2 more pattern options for a large cage without having to buy a whole new liner of any kind. That's a good value.

We currently offer 22 fabric combinations (different on each side) and 20 solid fabric color options. So, you can buy the Flippers in 42 fabric options and for 6 different cage sizes AND we ship them within a few days -- no long waits. You can also mix and match what patterns you buy even for one set for one cage. In addition, we have a host of adorable matching items to go with those fabrics. We continually offer new and fun fabrics. We'll have 2 or 3 nice Christmas fabrics coming soon, too.

Perhaps a little pricey, but definitely worth the money (or we wouldn't sell them). Being able to offer all of that very quickly with stellar customer service is a challenge. We do our very best to keep our costs and prices as low as possible. Part of the earnings from both the Cages Store and the Market go straight back into supporting this forum, the zone site for adoptables and resources and other efforts that we do to support rescues and animal welfare.

I just wanted to explain that supporting our stores helps us support you back. We really do our very best to add value all the way around.

But still, we understand fleece and fleece flippers aren't for everyone, but it really is a great system. I should also mention, the combination of using Fleece Flippers with a Kitchen insert (available on the Cages Store) containing traditional bedding is also a fantastic combination -- the best of both worlds, actually. That's what I would go with.

In addition, as members here have taken up crafting and sewing because they love doing what they do and making piggy items, we've reached out to a number of people who have subsequently joined our team to provide you with new and creative and very high-quality products for your guinea pigs. Our stores are very much a community project and we listen to your feedback and what you like and try to offer great things back for everyone. We love doing this. I just wanted to explain that a little more. :love:

sugarandspice

Cavy Slave
:) I just want to say that our testimonials for the Fleece Flippers are 100% from customers who've used the product over time. We confirm that and they are all the customer's words, we do not edit them. The testimonials are not from people who just think they look cool. They're from actual customers and unsolicited. Most of our customers love them.

Two sets of Flippers gives you 4 different patterns. In addition, you can alternate the panels in the cage for variety (for example: solid, print, solid, print). You can just get more cases later to add more variety, too. You don't need to buy the whole flipper set. A new set of 4 cases only (for a 2x4 grid cage) is only $38. And that gives you 2 more pattern options for a large cage without having to buy a whole new liner of any kind. That's a good value.

We currently offer 22 fabric combinations (different on each side) and 20 solid fabric color options. So, you can buy the Flippers in 42 fabric options and for 6 different cage sizes AND we ship them within a few days -- no long waits. You can also mix and match what patterns you buy even for one set for one cage. In addition, we have a host of adorable matching items to go with those fabrics. We continually offer new and fun fabrics. We'll have 2 or 3 nice Christmas fabrics coming soon, too.

Perhaps a little pricey, but definitely worth the money (or we wouldn't sell them). Being able to offer all of that very quickly with stellar customer service is a challenge. We do our very best to keep our costs and prices as low as possible. Part of the earnings from both the Cages Store and the Market go straight back into supporting this forum, the zone site for adoptables and resources and other efforts that we do to support rescues and animal welfare.

I just wanted to explain that supporting our stores helps us support you back. We really do our very best to add value all the way around.

But still, we understand fleece and fleece flippers aren't for everyone, but it really is a great system. I should also mention, the combination of using Fleece Flippers with a Kitchen insert (available on the Cages Store) containing traditional bedding is also a fantastic combination -- the best of both worlds, actually. That's what I would go with.

In addition, as members here have taken up crafting and sewing because they love doing what they do and making piggy items, we've reached out to a number of people who have subsequently joined our team to provide you with new and creative and very high-quality products for your guinea pigs. Our stores are very much a community project and we listen to your feedback and what you like and try to offer great things back for everyone. We love doing this. I just wanted to explain that a little more. :love:

Thank you for the response. :)

What I was trying to say is that putting the flippers together was a little harder to do the first time than what the testimonials explained, but that was my first time trying them out.

My friend put it on like it was the easiest thing in the world, and the I loved the idea. :D

IMO, anything from both of your stores is worth the money. With a crafty mind and/or any sewing talent, I could probably make these my self for less, yet knowing that the money is going to a great place and great, super, amazing people is worth the rest. Knowing that my money is going to great people like you and the rest of the workers, business people, etc. that make this all possible, is a amazing feeling. There is no website I have found that is so compassionate about guinea pigs and animals in general than this one. Nor is there a online site that values customer feedback/testimonials so amazingly than this one.

I love this site, and I hope, in the future, that I can run a business/rescue/shelter or whatever just HALF as manageable and compassionate as this one, and I feel I would have exceeded success.

I just hoped I hadn't rubbed you the wrong way with that comment. :)

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
awwwww, @sugarandspice, thank you very much for that. That felt good today. It's been one of those days. And I appreciate you explaining a little more what you meant. It's the community that drives everything. Thanks. :love:

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much CavySpirit!
They almost seem too good to be true so I had to ask people who had experience.
I've decided they are definitely going on my Christmas list for the boys!
I'm hoping to have a camo themed cage and a Flinstone's themed cage :D

Epiphaneee

Cavy Slave
I just switched to fleece & am curious about the Fleece Flippers. The idea of a modular system is really appealing, especially given all the prep & set-up that goes along with U-Haul pads & fabric. So:

1. You start with a clean set of Fleece Flippers that you use for "X" days.
2. You clean off the poops & hay, flip them over & put them back in the cage with the clean side up. You use them for an additional "Y" days.
3. You brush them off, take them apart, put the cleaned Coroplast inserts & fresh U-Haul pads into a clean set of Fleece Flippers that you put into the cage & pop the used ones into the wash.

Do I have that right? Is that the way that most people use them? OK, so, I don't mean to sound like an idiot, but what about the piggy pee? I must just not understand it right, because I would think it would smell. How do Fleece Flippers prevent that? And putting a soiled Fleece Flipper into the cage as a way to clean it doesn't seem like it would work. But obviously, it must! :D So would someone please explain how it really works? Thanks!

sugarandspice

Cavy Slave
I just switched to fleece & am curious about the Fleece Flippers. The idea of a modular system is really appealing, especially given all the prep & set-up that goes along with U-Haul pads & fabric. So:

1. You start with a clean set of Fleece Flippers that you use for "X" days.
2. You clean off the poops & hay, flip them over & put them back in the cage with the clean side up. You use them for an additional "Y" days.
3. You brush them off, take them apart, put the cleaned Coroplast inserts & fresh U-Haul pads into a clean set of Fleece Flippers that you put into the cage & pop the used ones into the wash.

Do I have that right? Is that the way that most people use them? OK, so, I don't mean to sound like an idiot, but what about the piggy pee? I must just not understand it right, because I would think it would smell. How do Fleece Flippers prevent that? And putting a soiled Fleece Flipper into the cage as a way to clean it doesn't seem like it would work. But obviously, it must! :D So would someone please explain how it really works? Thanks!

Looks about right. :) I would spot clean everyday though.

I think the Uhaul Pads do a good job of absorbing urine, and keeping in the smell.

For the first few days, the Uhaul pads on the front side of the flipper absorb the pee. After the first few days when you flip it, it goes in the uhaul pads on the opposite side. So instead of soiling one side even more, you balance it out.

Whenever you do a full cleaning, you wash the fleece flippers and uhaul pads.

I think that's how it works. Lol

Traysea

Cavy Slave
Let me start by disclosing that I made my fleece flippers, I didn't buy them from the store so maybe that is why they didn't work out for me. I do feel like I made them fit my cage very well and that I did it the exact same way as the store bought ones. (two long uhaul inserts folded over a coroplast insert, slid into the fleece case)

so it's possible its because mine are hand made or it's possible that it's because my current cage is small... (I have a 2x3 cage and a 1x2 patio). I ended up switching to full cage liners (two layers of fleece with one layer of uhaul in between, sewn into a pad a wee bit larger than my cage) I do use one flipper in the patio but I am considering possibly sewing that into a patio liner as well.

As for smell, I felt they did a good job. I have one very clean 6 month old girl in the cage. She is not a messy pig. She prefers to make in corners and now that she has a patio she makes about 85% of the time up there. I did one layer of uhaul in my full cage pad because I have heard that two layers of uhaul doesn't dry well when sewn into a pad. I love uhaul material. It absorbs a ton, it's cheap and it dries really fast. I find my pads equal as far as spot cleaning goes. My current pads don't shift at all regardless of whether I sweep or dust buster. My piggy is very clean. She doesn't burrow or try to pull up the corners.

What I didn't like about my flippers is that in my small cage I was washing all 3 flippers the same amount as my full cage liner. I didn't flip them because they smelled after whatever amount of days. Taking the flippers apart grossed me out. The corners and certain edges were wet with pee. The coroplast inserts had pee on them and smelled. I didn't get that additional benefits of being able to flip them and I didn't get the benefits of being able to only change the dirty ones because in my small cage they were all dirty. I got about 3-4 days use out of the flippers before I had to wash them. Same as now with my single pad.

It took me much more time to deal with the flippers. Since pee got on the coroplast inserts and between washing the uhaul separately from the fleece and having to wipe down both sides of the coroplast inserts and then having to assemble it all back together and then straighten out the uhaul inside the flipper so it didn't buckle up inside the case, it was taking too much time.

With my full cage liners I can completely and thoroughly clean my piggy cage in about 10 minutes. And that includes spraying/wiping with vinegar, refilling pellets and water bottles. My cage liners just lays inside the bottom of the base with a little bit coming up the sides to stop leaks. I have one 30"x 48" sewn pad for my cage and I use potty pads in the areas that she pees the most. I pull it up, sweep, spray, wipe and lay in another liner. I have also been dabbling with adding little scraps of left over uhaul in certain areas under my pad for extra protection in the corners. So between potty pads and those my coro stays pretty much clean.

I do think flippers are a great idea for people who hand wash their fleece and for people with larger cages. If I had a much bigger cage I can totally see them being more practical to clean certain sections. I can also see that they would be equal in time compared to laying down base layers of towels or pads etc and then laying fleece over and then flattening and clipping. I could see that taking just as much time as doing flippers.

Also, I have since added two more pigs. They are still in quarantine and in the mean time i am going to be expanding my cage. Soooo, once the cage is bigger and all three are in the cage I may change my mind! My current plan is to just overlap my liners so that there are two in the cage. My quarantine piggies are not burrowers yet but it's only been a week so time will tell.

Here are some photos of my fleece flippers and my full cage liners for comparison.

Homemade flippers:
1231604_10201569032044821_523746855_n.jpg

full cage pad with a flipper in the patio:
1380000_10201856513471677_2002964000_n.jpg

Traysea

Cavy Slave
Ohhhh.... I'd love to hear your flintstones themed cage idea! Do they have flintstones fleece? I have a pirate theme in the works right now and was considering the idea of a pacman theme along with about 10 other themes LOL

Fleece is addicting!!

Thank you so much CavySpirit!
They almost seem too good to be true so I had to ask people who had experience.
I've decided they are definitely going on my Christmas list for the boys!
I'm hoping to have a camo themed cage and a Flinstone's themed cage :D

Epiphaneee

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much @sugarandspice & @Traysea! Your responses were really thoughtful & inclusive. And getting a good idea about your experience with Fleece Flippers is super helpful while I'm considering making changes to my cage. Much appreciated! I also have a thought or two that I'd like to run by you experienced fleece & Fleece Flipper folks.

@Traysea - It seems like a problem when Coroplast meets Piggy-Pee. First, it's gross to clean. Second, it's a hassle to clean pee off of the Coroplast, while trying to avoid getting it all over everything, including yourself, as you take apart a Fleece Flipper. And third, you're not comfortable putting a dirty Fleece Flipper back into the cage. Do I have that right? And so you know, you're not the only person who has pointed out that Coroplast & piggy-pee don't mix. In general, I tend to feel the same way & imagine those three points would pose a problem for me if I were using Fleece Flippers. Now, I suppose that if there were a good solution to the Coroplast & piggy-pee problem, I can't help but wonder if the Fleece Flippers might prove to be an OK way to go. So here's what I'm wondering. I imagine that when you are putting a Fleece Flipper together, that Coroplast is really useful. The video compares it to a pillowcase. So what would the outcome be if you used it to put the Fleece Flipper together, but then removed it before you put it in the cage? Do you all think that a Fleece Flipper might work OK without it's Coroplast center?

Then, how to protect the Fleece Flippers from piggy-pee. I don't remember if it was in the video or part of the description & details, but even the folks who developed Fleece Flippers suggest considering hybrid-style bedding. I get that. Now, I just switched to fleece. And as I'm still in the process of trying things out, I have a "Hay Room" (a 1X2 section with a box filled with hay), and then a "Kitchen" next to that (a 1X2 section with a box that currently just has a separate piece of fleece as bedding.) And those two areas seem to be helping keep the main fleece clean & pee-free. So now here's another thing, @Traysea - You seem to really like the way your pee-pads work with your cage liner. Again, I tend to agree! I'm wondering if there was a reason you didn't use any with your flippers. (I'm not positive that you didn't, but I don't remember seeing any in your pix.) I'm sorta looking at it like Fleece Flippers are the same as a cage liner, only cut up. haha! But seriously, if you put pee-pads in the places where your piggies tend to go pee, do you think that would make your experience with Fleece Flippers more successful? And if you used pee-pee pads, pulled the Coroplast inserts so you didn't have to deal with cleaning pee off of it & went into it with the assumption that you probably wouldn't flip them, do you think it's possible you might decide they worked OK?

And thanks again, both of you! Much appreciated.

Traysea

Cavy Slave
To answer your questions…

The problem was my piggy liked to pee in corners and also where the two flippers meet.

At the time I didn't have any potty pads made. Yes that could have partially helped. However she doesn't always make in the exact same areas. For the most part she will, but then there are times she decides to make in new areas. And even with that, it was just time consuming for me to use flippers vs using one flat pad:

9 steps to changing out flippers:
pull out flippers
pull out coroplast insert
separate flippers from cases
clean all coro inserts
wash cases
wash uhaul (in two separate loads because of lint)
lay new uhaul over coroplast
reassemble fleece flipper (including fussing with the uhaul inside the case to flatten it out because the uhaul shifted and bunched up on the edges)
lay flippers back in the cage

vs.

3 steps to changing a full cage liner:
pull up fleece pad
throw in wash
lay new clean fleece pad in the cage

No matter what you do there is going to be pee on the inserts, uhaul is not waterproof. If the piggy decides to use one area for heavy peeing, inevitably its going to get on the insert. If that area is on an edge where the coro is cut, the pee goes in the fluting (all those little channels at the cut ends of the flippers). You *might* be able to use the flippers without the coro inserts IF your pig doesn't zoom around the cage. My piggy is a big zoomer and I can't imagine they would stay in place. If they shift, pee and poop is going to get in between the flippers. Plus... then what is the point of doing flippers at all? The inserts are there to prolong the use of the flippers (the inserts stops the pee from getting to the other side so that those two layers of uhaul are clean for flipping) and to make the fleece flat/stiff to make it easier to spot clean.

Just to clarify what didn't work for me:
1. More cleaning to do (adding to my routine cleaning coro inserts and an additional load of laundry because of uhaul lint)
2. Not able to do the flipping, the cage already was too smelly for my lifestyle (yes, I did attempt to flip them and see how the odor was).
3. Time consuming
4. Not able to just change out certain flippers, they were all dirty enough to wash.

As I mentioned before, I used them in a 2x3 cage and part of the issue for me could very well be that, in a much larger cage these could be a great solution for someone. It's not about how they functioned. They functioned well to absorb pee, spot clean and contain odor. However, for me, they worked equal to my pads but took more effort, time and maintenance on my part.

Out of curiosity what size cage do you have? Maybe that should be the determining factor for if they will work for you.

Thank you so much @sugarandspice & @Traysea ! Your responses were really thoughtful & inclusive. And getting a good idea about your experience with Fleece Flippers is super helpful while I'm considering making changes to my cage. Much appreciated! I also have a thought or two that I'd like to run by you experienced fleece & Fleece Flipper folks.

@Traysea - It seems like a problem when Coroplast meets Piggy-Pee. First, it's gross to clean. Second, it's a hassle to clean pee off of the Coroplast, while trying to avoid getting it all over everything, including yourself, as you take apart a Fleece Flipper. And third, you're not comfortable putting a dirty Fleece Flipper back into the cage. Do I have that right? And so you know, you're not the only person who has pointed out that Coroplast & piggy-pee don't mix. In general, I tend to feel the same way & imagine those three points would pose a problem for me if I were using Fleece Flippers. Now, I suppose that if there were a good solution to the Coroplast & piggy-pee problem, I can't help but wonder if the Fleece Flippers might prove to be an OK way to go. So here's what I'm wondering. I imagine that when you are putting a Fleece Flipper together, that Coroplast is really useful. The video compares it to a pillowcase. So what would the outcome be if you used it to put the Fleece Flipper together, but then removed it before you put it in the cage? Do you all think that a Fleece Flipper might work OK without it's Coroplast center?

Then, how to protect the Fleece Flippers from piggy-pee. I don't remember if it was in the video or part of the description & details, but even the folks who developed Fleece Flippers suggest considering hybrid-style bedding. I get that. Now, I just switched to fleece. And as I'm still in the process of trying things out, I have a "Hay Room" (a 1X2 section with a box filled with hay), and then a "Kitchen" next to that (a 1X2 section with a box that currently just has a separate piece of fleece as bedding.) And those two areas seem to be helping keep the main fleece clean & pee-free. So now here's another thing, @Traysea - You seem to really like the way your pee-pads work with your cage liner. Again, I tend to agree! I'm wondering if there was a reason you didn't use any with your flippers. (I'm not positive that you didn't, but I don't remember seeing any in your pix.) I'm sorta looking at it like Fleece Flippers are the same as a cage liner, only cut up. haha! But seriously, if you put pee-pads in the places where your piggies tend to go pee, do you think that would make your experience with Fleece Flippers more successful? And if you used pee-pee pads, pulled the Coroplast inserts so you didn't have to deal with cleaning pee off of it & went into it with the assumption that you probably wouldn't flip them, do you think it's possible you might decide they worked OK?

And thanks again, both of you! Much appreciated.

Epiphaneee

Cavy Slave
Thanks again @Traysea. I so appreciate you sharing your experience! There are important details that you're bringing to light. It's a lot to consider. You asked about my cage. Our new cage is an alternative style, but it's just a bit bigger than the 2X6 it replaced. It's home to 2 relatively clean, female piggies. It has been 10 days since we switched to fleece, and so far, no piggy pee has found its way to the base fabric. I've been using homemade fleece & U-Haul pee pads on the "hot spots" & they're working beautifully. A lucky break!

Just like a lot of people, I'm hoping to find an alternative to traditional bedding. Just like *everyone*, I want that alternative to be the quickest, cleanest & easiest set-up I can find. I'm pretty sure that fleece is part of that answer. When you add an absorbent layer, the results are fantastic. So now, it's a matter of figuring out how to get that fleece-based bedding laundered & then in & out of the cage in a way that works for me. A few weeks ago, I thought that a modular system, like Fleece Flippers, was likely the answer I was looking for. But now that you've explained the details, I don't think they are the best fit for me & my situation.

When I consider your experience -- both the good & bad points -- with a Fleece Flipper type of bedding, I think the limitations outweigh the benefits in my case. Now, of course, that's only for me. Everyone is different, and what is good for one is bad for another & vice-versa. Plus, I know there are *a lot* of people who really love Fleece Flippers! That said, it looks like my search continues. haha

Piggy pee on Coroplast is a problem for me. I figured that out 24 hours after the switch to fleece. And it was so much of a problem that I changed the design of my cage. I feel like I can't properly clean it. Beyond that, it was yucky enough that I'm going to avoid it if at all possible. But then, as you said, the Coroplast inserts are an important part of the flipper system. They make flipping possible, they hold the pieces in place & they make it easier to spot clean & sweep off the fleece. So taking them out would be like throwing the baby out with the bath water. It would solve my pee on Coroplast problem, but I would lose several of the design features in the process. It defeats the whole purpose. So even though my cage is theoretically big enough that I'd probably benefit from the "Only Wash the Dirty Ones" feature of the flippers, the Coroplast inserts mean I need to find another solution.

So I guess I'm off to see the wizard -- if I can only find him! haha

To answer your questions…

The problem was my piggy liked to pee in corners and also where the two flippers meet.

At the time I didn't have any potty pads made. Yes that could have partially helped. However she doesn't always make in the exact same areas. For the most part she will, but then there are times she decides to make in new areas. And even with that, it was just time consuming for me to use flippers vs using one flat pad:

9 steps to changing out flippers:
pull out flippers
pull out coroplast insert
separate flippers from cases
clean all coro inserts
wash cases
wash uhaul (in two separate loads because of lint)
lay new uhaul over coroplast
reassemble fleece flipper (including fussing with the uhaul inside the case to flatten it out because the uhaul shifted and bunched up on the edges)
lay flippers back in the cage

vs.

3 steps to changing a full cage liner:
pull up fleece pad
throw in wash
lay new clean fleece pad in the cage

No matter what you do there is going to be pee on the inserts, uhaul is not waterproof. If the piggy decides to use one area for heavy peeing, inevitably its going to get on the insert. If that area is on an edge where the coro is cut, the pee goes in the fluting (all those little channels at the cut ends of the flippers). You *might* be able to use the flippers without the coro inserts IF your pig doesn't zoom around the cage. My piggy is a big zoomer and I can't imagine they would stay in place. If they shift, pee and poop is going to get in between the flippers. Plus... then what is the point of doing flippers at all? The inserts are there to prolong the use of the flippers (the inserts stops the pee from getting to the other side so that those two layers of uhaul are clean for flipping) and to make the fleece flat/stiff to make it easier to spot clean.

Just to clarify what didn't work for me:
1. More cleaning to do (adding to my routine cleaning coro inserts and an additional load of laundry because of uhaul lint)
2. Not able to do the flipping, the cage already was too smelly for my lifestyle (yes, I did attempt to flip them and see how the odor was).
3. Time consuming
4. Not able to just change out certain flippers, they were all dirty enough to wash.

As I mentioned before, I used them in a 2x3 cage and part of the issue for me could very well be that, in a much larger cage these could be a great solution for someone. It's not about how they functioned. They functioned well to absorb pee, spot clean and contain odor. However, for me, they worked equal to my pads but took more effort, time and maintenance on my part.

Out of curiosity what size cage do you have? Maybe that should be the determining factor for if they will work for you.

Traysea

Cavy Slave
Most people seem to love their flippers. I am probably the exception and not the rule when it comes to my experiences. I am always trying out new things and I have tried pretty much every single method but piggy bed spreads since my portable washing machine can't handle that extra fabric. Full cage liners are my favorite of all the methods I have tried.
If you want to do modular, maybe (2) 1/2 cage sewn liners might suit your needs if your piggies are not burrowers.

Last edited:

Epiphaneee

Cavy Slave
Most people seem to love their flippers. I am probably the exception and not the rule when it comes to my experiences. I am always trying out new things and I have tried pretty much every single method but piggy bed spreads since my portable washing machine can't handle that extra fabric. Full cage liners are my favorite of all the methods I have tried.
If you want to do modular, maybe (2) 1/2 cage sewn liners might suit your needs if your piggies are not burrowers.

Yeah, I know what you mean about feeling like the exception as opposed to the rule. I think I am, too. I don't know that I want to go modular. It was just what I had thought was the likely best solution. But, at this point, all bets are off. haha I'm thinking about liners, but have reservations. So much to decide. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.