Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

new owner

M

mimi

new owner

It's my first time owning a guinea pig. I was just wondering if hay is really a necessity for my GP and if there are any alternatives for it. I live in the Philippines and they don't sell any at the local pet shops here.

B

Brynn

Yes your guinea pig needs hay. If it doesnt have it it could get sick or die! YOUR PIG NEEDS HAY! It might be hard to find but your guinea pig needs it to survive and be happy and healthy!

A

americananut

Re: reply

Mimi,
try going to www.oxbow.com they sell hay for guinea pigs there! and other products! Also another good site to get info is www.caviesgalore.com. Is a very nice place!
Hope this helps!
americananut

O

originalfirefly

What about local farmers? You might see if they have a bale they can sell you. Hay is an essential part of diet for piggies. They really need the loose kind. It helps them grind their teeth down.

Miriam

M

mimi

Thanks for the help guys. I found a shop near us that sells hay, thank goodness. My mom got mad at me though, she says I spend too much time and money on my gippy.

I’ve had her for more than two weeks now and my family thinks I’m obsessed with it. I bought it a better cage for easier cleaning. I mean, it’s worth it right??? I just want her to be happy!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.