PDA

View Full Version : Peaches died this evening

Denise
09-01-05, 06:26 pm
My beloved Peaches crossed the Rainbow Bridge at 6:30 this evening. It was totally unexpected. She was completely healthy and acting normally. I fed her dinner, left for a while, came home, and my daughter picked her up for a cuddle and she started seizing. She gasped a few times and was gone. I cannot believe the sadness I feel right now. My children are distraught.

LuvMyPiggers
09-01-05, 06:27 pm
Awww... Im terribly sorry Denise. At least she had a great life.

God Bless,
LuvMyPiggers

Denise
09-01-05, 06:29 pm
Thank you. It was so short. We'd only had her about a year and a half.

x0PiggyPerson0x
09-01-05, 06:32 pm
That's horrible. My girl Piglet passed on a month or so ago and I was inconsolable for a day or two until I realized she had lived a happy life with me. After dinner my parents went out to check on her and she wasn't moving. They broke the news to me a little while later after we had cleaned out my hamster's cage. It was hard to deal with but I took comfort in knowing she was loved until her end. We'd had Piglet for nearly two years and she seemed completely healthy.

I don't know if that will help you and I can only hope it will. I know having a pet die in your arms is completely different than my experience but again, I hope what I shared can help in any way.

RyanR
09-01-05, 06:59 pm
I am so sorry for your lose Denise.

Ly&Pigs
09-01-05, 07:31 pm
I'm so very sorry Denise.

JackSpicerRules
09-01-05, 07:36 pm
I'm so sorry for your loss, Denise. I know it's hard to deal with, but it's all a part of life.

JackSpicerRules
09-01-05, 07:36 pm
:weepy: I didn't mean for that post to seem a little mean. Sorry.

JennG
09-01-05, 07:44 pm
I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand your loss. One of my girls was pregnant when I got her (I didn't know this). She gave birth to a little girl but unfortunately, neither I nor Snowball knew what to do and I didn't get to her in time to maybe help her survive. The kids and I took it very hard. :(

Acorn
09-01-05, 07:53 pm
I'm also sorry. :(. It's hard thinking you'd keep a pet for so long... and it goes bye-bye. I remember my bunny. It was the same, but you've got to move on. And again, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound so mean, trust me. I know how you feel. Is there anything online that I can make you feel better?

Carissa
09-01-05, 08:00 pm
I am so sorry Denise. It is hard to loose a pet that is loved.

CavySpirit
09-01-05, 08:03 pm
I'm sorry, too, Denise.

Funnygpigs
09-01-05, 08:08 pm
Sorry Denise. I know it hurts, but just remember that she was loved and loved you! You can know that you gave her a good life!!

Wildjem
09-01-05, 08:12 pm
So sorry to hear about Peaches. I'm sure she was very happy with you.

Zeander
09-01-05, 10:52 pm
Denise, I'm sorry about your loss. I'm sure Peaches was very happy living with you. :hug:

cavy-cool-crazy
09-02-05, 04:49 am
I am so sorry to hear about Peaches. She enjoyed her short time with you and you gave her the best life she could wish for.

Denise
09-02-05, 06:11 am
Thank you all! The morning has brought some relief from our sadness, but my daughters are still having a very difficult time.

pennick
09-02-05, 06:30 am
I am also very sorry about peaches. I don't know, I read how hardy guinea pigs are suppose to be, well after finding this site and reading all the posts about sick piggies, and going through sickness myself with one of my piggies, I question as to how hardy they really are.

weaseldropping
09-02-05, 07:01 am
I am also very sorry about peaches. I don't know, I read how hardy guinea pigs are suppose to be, well after finding this site and reading all the posts about sick piggies, and going through sickness myself with one of my piggies, I question as to how hardy they really are.

A lot of people only post when they have a problem - that's how I started. Loads of people have pigs that never get sick, so they never feel the need to look for advice....

I am so sorry to hear about Peaches. Just remeber what a good time she had with you, and what a different life she could have had. We've just been to a shelter, and even though they didn't have exactly what I wanted, we couldn't leave them there - bare concrete!!! Peaches had so much more than that. Trite, I know, but time will help. It has with us.
:o