Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Midwest Midwest Habitat

• Thread starter sunflowermeghan
  • Start date

sunflowermeghan

Cavy Slave
I just purchased a Midwest Guinea Pig Habitat. I am interested in using fleece to line the cage. I would like to hear any suggestions you have. Thank you so much!

Scooterpig

Cavy Slave
I use fleece flippers in my Midwest cage - I like them. I bought a set from the store then made some extra covers for them. In all honesty, I like using my covers better, as I made them a little larger and they are easier to get on and off the coroplast! Plus you can get some really fun designs - I've bought loads of fleece to make up extra covers for different seasons! The pigs seem happy on fleece too. I expanded my Midwest cages, got them up onto low tables to make them stable and put a sheet of coro in the bottom to make cleaning easier and added a kitchen too where I use carefresh. I will say the girls are a lot tidier than the boys - the girls tend to keep their poops in the kitchen area - the boys poop everywhere lol!

I've certainly found it a lot easier to clean since I expanded and modified them, as most of the hay stays in the kitchen area. Getting it off the fleece can be a total pain and the canvas bottom makes it tricky to clean.

realityDroid

Cavy Slave
I just use Carefresh bedding in my boys' Midwest cage. Works like a charm thus far. However, I am considering the idea of using fleece.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.