Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Upgrade cage without making new fleece liners

• Thread starter mercurybubbles8
  • Start date

mercurybubbles8

Cavy Slave
So this may sound a little odd, but...

I've recently upgraded my cage (2x4 with a 2x2 kitchen attached to an L shape). I had a fleece liner and coroplast made for the 2x4 section only, so I just made a new coroplast base and fleece liner and placed it next to the original. I put a little ramp so they could get from one section to another.

The reason I did this is that I didn't want to have to make a whole new liner and get all new fleece. I'm also thinking about getting a third guinea pig so I thought I might want to expand in the future.

Does anyone have any ideas of adding to existing cages without having to make an entirely new base and having to buy new fleece and making new liners?

ShadeyPig

Cavy Slave
This is how I added a store bought cage to my existing 2 x 6 you can do something similar with another section of c&c

Attachments

uploadfromtaptalk1381028856041.jpg

Traysea

Cavy Slave
You can also overlap the new coroplast where it meets the existing coroplast by not taping that side up, just lay it down where they meet like a bridge but flat so it doesn't effect running room (unless you are setting it up as a hay room or a kitchen etc). If you are trying to make more running room, then having it wide open flat will give them the most surface area to run. You can make fleece for just the new section and have it long enough to overlap onto the existing fleece (or sew on an extension piece) or add a potty pad to bridge the two pieces.

jackfish14

Cavy Slave
What did you use for the ramp on the other side of the door? I think this setup would work very well for me as I have 2 new piggies that I will be trying to work in with my other 2 after quarantine. Did you use a piece of coroplast so it was more stable for them to climb on?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.