Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Using Grids to make Base

• Thread starter SarahHarperScot
  • Start date

SarahHarperScot

Cavy Slave
I am very math deficient. I really need ideas on how to use grids to make a base for a 2x3. I have plenty of leftover grids, so let your ideas fly.

Sarah

Da_3_mad_pigs

Cavy Slave
why would you want to use grids?, why not use coroplast?, and with coroplast there feet wont get cort either. :):):)

SarahHarperScot

Cavy Slave
Sorry I was not clear. A base for the completed C&C cage to sit on. Something to raise it off the ground.

Da_3_mad_pigs

Cavy Slave
ok, sorry!:):):)

SarahHarperScot

Cavy Slave
I also wanted to ask how people get the sides of the choroplast to stay at 90 degree angles like the 'how to' pictures. Though I am fairly uncoordinated with crafts, so I am just happy to get a cage made with little to no cursing!

pennick

Cavy Slave
I used masking tape. Any type of heavy tape will do. Just tape the corners and all is well.

laura220

Cavy Slave
Well it depends if you want storage space or not.

I drew some very rough drawing's in paint. Hope you can make out what they're supposed to be!

Here's one way you could make your stand.

Another..

Another again..

laura220

Cavy Slave
Yet another..
(broken link removed)
(Sorry, this one wouldn't upload properly, you can still see it though.)

Lyndsay

Cavy Slave
I'm going to try and provide a sorta outline for how I made my base, I have a design made up for a 2x5, but hopefully you will get the idea.
First a picture of how the bottom of the cage was made, to support the future coroplast:
(broken link removed)
The base is in there, but hard to tell what it looks like from a side view.

Secondly this is how my supposrt system would have worked if I had of made a 2x5, I used a similar one for my 2x4:
(broken link removed)

If you still have trouble I would gladly compute on up for your cage, if you still need an idea.

SarahHarperScot

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much for all the suggestions. I am housing her on the floor with a lid for right now. I will be making the base this weekend, as I think I am going to hound my husband into helping me.

Sarah

NavyGirl1775

Cavy Slave
I'm a little late to this thread but if you made a stand like I have for my boys, it would take a total of 17 grids. 11 to make the base and 6 to make the "floor" that the coroplast would sit on. There are pics in my gallery of how I've done our cage. The most recent model is titled "New Cage for the Sugar Pigs". If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Erin

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.