Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Can anyone recommend a vet in the North East?

Skooby

Cavy Slave
Hi I was wondering if there was anyone from the north east if they could recommend a vet that is cavy savvy? I lurk the forum quite a lot and realise the importance of getting a vet that understands piggies if at all possible. No great emergency, just would like peace of mind! :)
ta in advance

Silva Fox

Cavy Slave
Hi I'm new here and have never posted before. I've only had my two boys for a few weeks and haven't been in a position to offer any advice!

However. as an idea in your search for a good vet... When I adopted my boys from our local RSPCA small animal centre I asked for the details of the vet they used. I am trusting that the RSPCA will be using a vet who knows about GPs!

Don't know if thats any help?

Silva Fox

Skooby

Cavy Slave
thats a good idea! I have a PDSA near me that might be able to help. thanks for the relpy :)

CavyKind

Cavy Slave
I've been in touch with Skooby over this and recommended a vet.
If anyone else is in our area and needs a good vet, pm me.
Barbara

weaseldropping

Cavy Gazer
We have an excellent pig-friendly vet - the practice is called Wicstun Vets and is based in Pocklington, Market Weighton and South Cave in the East Riding of Yorkshire.

Hope this helps!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.