Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions Wheeking in pain while pooping

Ghost_Peanut

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I scheduled a vet appointment for my boar, Peanut, because for the past few days he has been wheeking while pooping (not peeing) his poops are tiny, they look like they come out broken. Sometimes it looks as though he struggles to pass his poop. My other boar who lives with Peanut is normal. They both eat the and diet, oxbow pellet, hay and green leaf lettuce & cilantro. I noticed Peanut started his soft painful wheeking a day after I cleaed out his, and my other boars anal sack. My other boar is good, but I am wondering if I somehow irritated him down there? I used olive oil as a lube. He had a few particles of stuff in his sack but nothing abnormal. This is the third time I have cleaned both of my boars anal sacks. Is it possible he could have stones? He turns 1 yr old mid November, so he's still a youngn. Any experience advice before I take him to the vet this evening would help! Thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.