PDA

View Full Version : Grids Bed Bath and Beyond Grids?

rsgymjam
09-17-13, 10:26 pm
Hi,
Does anyone know if the bed bath and beyond grids are:
1. Safe for pigs
2. 14" x 14"

Thanks!

P.S. Also where can I find some other cheap grids if these are not good.

lissie
09-17-13, 10:38 pm
If you're talking about these, they're safe.
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/grid-wire-modular-shelving-and-storage-cubes/1016719773

Sears and Kmart have cheap grids. 23 grids per box. There are more grids in the box compared to the other brands.
http://www.sears.com/stor-floor-standing-6-cube-storage-unit/p-00913332000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

http://www.kmart.com/stor-floor-standing-6-cube-storage-unit/p-010W435219990001P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

MommaOfFour
09-17-13, 11:27 pm
Thamks both of you for posting this! I was all over the place last weekend lookinf for grids... wallmart, home depot and lowes but none of them had any, so I almost bought some online at amazon today at 40 bucks for 23 panels. I'm SO glad I waited! Going to sears tomorrow! :-D

pinky
09-18-13, 06:40 am
Do you have a Meijer's near you? They're $19.99 in black or white.

Traysea
09-18-13, 07:06 am
walmart has them for about 21.50 (i ordered online) but if you use the bed bath and beyond 20% off coupon you can save a few bucks buying there.

MommaOfFour
09-18-13, 09:35 am
walmart has them for about 21.50 (i ordered online) but if you use the bed bath and beyond 20% off coupon you can save a few bucks buying there.

aren't the Walmart ones for $21.50 for 4 storage cubes instead of the sets for 6 for which lissie posted the links?

rsgymjam
09-18-13, 09:42 am
Thanks guys!!!!

I think I will go with Sears grids, we have one near us!

I looked at the Meijers website and their grids are 23 for 34.99!!! EEEK!!! (thanks anyways pinky )

Traysea
09-18-13, 12:38 pm
aren't the Walmart ones for $21.50 for 4 storage cubes instead of the sets for 6 for which lissie posted the links?

I think walmart has offered both 4 and 6 cube sets in the past.

It also depends on what stores you have in your area. I prefer to shop online so I don't have to lug my toddlers around. Also by the time I'd drive all over the place I would have spent more on gas, so for me it's all about free shipping and best prices. Walmart had the best price at the time and more importantly I really wanted white grids.

MommaOfFour
09-18-13, 12:47 pm
I think walmart has offered both 4 and 6 cube sets in the past.

It also depends on what stores you have in your area. I prefer to shop online so I don't have to lug my toddlers around. Also by the time I'd drive all over the place I would have spent more on gas, so for me it's all about free shipping and best prices. Walmart had the best price at the time and more importantly I really wanted white grids.

I got you! That makes sense, I have a Wal-Mart close by that should have had stock per website but ended to not having it. I too don't like driving around wasting gas and getting nowhere with what I need. Ill try sears later today and if they don't have it, I'll order online

pinky
09-18-13, 01:03 pm
Thanks guys!!!!

I think I will go with Sears grids, we have one near us!

I looked at the Meijers website and their grids are 23 for 34.99!!! EEEK!!! (thanks anyways pinky )

The Whitmor brand is $19.99. The Honey can do brand is $34.99 that you order online. They carry the Whitmor brand in the stores and there are 23 grids in the box. Have you checked Goodwill? I bought 44 for $12 today.

rsgymjam
09-18-13, 02:06 pm
The Whitmor brand is $19.99. The Honey can do brand is $34.99 that you order online. They carry the Whitmor brand in the stores and there are 23 grids in the box. Have you checked Goodwill? I bought 44 for $12 today.

OH WOW!!! That is amazing! I will have to check at our goodwill! Surprisingly, they actually have some pretty nice things there! I got a basket that I keep all my lotions in, and I got some Abercrombie/Aeropostale/American Eagle brand clothes there for cheap!!!! I will have to see if ours has grids!

Great idea where to look!

pinky
09-18-13, 02:17 pm
OH WOW!!! That is amazing! I will have to check at our goodwill! Surprisingly, they actually have some pretty nice things there! I got a basket that I keep all my lotions in, and I got some Abercrombie/Aeropostale/American Eagle brand clothes there for cheap!!!! I will have to see if ours has grids!

Great idea where to look!

I love Goodwill, Craigslist and Freecycle. I always check them first before buying things.

MommaOfFour
09-18-13, 03:13 pm
I love Goodwill, Craigslist and Freecycle. I always check them first before buying things.

I haven't heard of Freecycle yet but I'll check that out too, Goodwill has some great deals sometimes!

I went to Sears during lunch and got the grids (23panels for $21) - freaking taxes bumped it up to $24 but oh well.... the joy of living in WA :( so hopefully the hubby has plans for tonight so I can get creative with the grids haha. planning on trying out a second level in the cage and guinea pig proving the area around the entertainment center in the living room so they can go run around without limitations :D *excited*

rsgymjam
09-20-13, 05:51 am
Thanks to everybody! I am going to make an adjustable playpen with extra grids and zip ties!

I'm paying for my pig mostly, so I gotta do a LOTTA chores :/