Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How is this place still in business?

lilchris_28

Cavy Slave
I just recently went to St. Pete, Florida (about two or three weeks ago) and there's this pet store there that needs to be burned down. They had male and female dwarf and syrian hamsters together in one cage. They had about 30 rabbits in a small baby pool with a pen around in. They had all kinds of different birds (big and small as in parakeet and conures) in small cages together. They had mix breed puppies that they were selling (not adopting, but breeding and selling- some they were trying to sell as purebreed, but they so weren't). And then they had one single guinea pig (looked almost exactly like my Zoey) in a bird cage that was probably 12 x 12 inches with a wire floor, a water bowl, a food bowl with some kind of seeded stuff in it, and no timothy hay or anything. The poor little pig was sitting in it's food bowl and it's little feet were so red. And then the ferrets didn't have any water and their nails were like 2 1/2 inches long. And there were a total of three ferrets in this cage, two of them were twice the size of the third. The third was skinny and obviously had an upper respiratory infection. I know I shouldn't have supported the place but I got that little guy out of there. If I knew I wouldn't get caught, I would've gotten all of the animals out of there and torched the place. But I didn't really feel like spending time in jail. So, I would like to call and report them, but who do I call?

Access

Cavy Slave
Is it merely the notion of getting caught and getting sent to jail that stops you from using fire? I hope you aren't serious, fires are not good things; they often spread from building to building in an urban setting, and they are bad for the environment in terms of pollution, landscape, wildlife, etc. To even consider the use of fire in an urban setting is ludicrous, unless you have no regard for human (or animal) life at all.

Fujiko

Cavy Slave
Fire is not the point here.
Call the SPCA or humane society. Call SOMEBODY. Call the police station (NOT 911) and if they can't help you or transfer you, ask them who you should talk to. Unfortunately, animal cruelty/neglegence is not as uncommon as we would hope it would be, so they should know.
Also, see if you can report the business to the Better Business Bureau.

lilchris_28

Cavy Slave
The thing with the fire was a statement, though never really an option. It was just being used to show my seriousness about wanting to shut the place down.

Funnygpigs

Cavy Slave
I know what you ment! Kinda like you love the thought of it, but would never actually do it :rolleyes: . Any way, call the humane society or a local animals rights group. If you report the sores on the feet and no water/ URI. These are things that CAN be reported! Good luck! :0)
lilchris_28 said:
The thing with the fire was a statement, though never really an option. It was just being used to show my seriousness about wanting to shut the place down.

lilchris_28

Cavy Slave
There was an ASPCA down there that I saw... I'll try to find the location that is down there and contact them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.