Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids FIL gave me weird grids

cavyprncss0917

Cavy Slave
Got grids given to me from my father in law and i dont know how they will hold up for my cage but i like the fact the pigs cant get through the bars. please help me figure out if i should actually use these or if i should leave these alone and try to get new ones?? thanks!!!!

Attachments

2013-09-13 14.51.10.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
They're fine as long as they're not coated with something the pigs can chew off and eat.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
I know some rat people who would love to have those type of grids!

pinky

Cavy Slave
Those are great. You can use connectors or cable ties to attach them together and your cage will have plenty of ventilation using them. That was really nice of your FIL.

cavyprncss0917

Cavy Slave
i want to use these to build a 2 story C&C cage and basically i wanna kno if those would be ok to use and what i could use for support under them for the 2nd tier?? i have no clue where they got them at al they have had them for a while since before my husband and i got together. i hope these will be ok. i have a 2x6 main cage and i wanna do a 2nd tier of a 1x2 sleep area with a 1x3 sky walk (bridge to connect the 2 sides) and a 2x2 kitchen. i have 5 females in the main cage now and i have 2 males that i will be adding in as soon as they get neutered in a few months then i will have all 7 pigs together in the big cage. i also want to add ramps but i dont know if i want to add one ramp in the middle or if i want to add 2 ramps (one on each side)

cavyprncss0917

Cavy Slave
father in law gave me these

i want to use these to build a 2 story C&C cage and basically i wanna kno if those would be ok to use and what i could use for support under them for the 2nd tier?? i have no clue where they got them at al they have had them for a while since before my husband and i got together. i hope these will be ok. i have a 2x6 main cage and i wanna do a 2nd tier of a 1x2 sleep area with a 1x3 sky walk (bridge to connect the 2 sides) and a 2x2 kitchen. i have 5 females in the main cage now and i have 2 males that i will be adding in as soon as they get neutered in a few months then i will have all 7 pigs together in the big cage. i also want to add ramps but i dont know if i want to add one ramp in the middle or if i want to add 2 ramps (one on each side) IDK where he got them bc he had them for a LONG time. my husband and his previous gf used them for rattie cages.

Attachments

2013-09-13 14.51.10.jpg

Melissa123

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Re: father in law gave me these

They should be just fine. My only concern would be it they tried to bite the grids and their teeth might get stuck..

How wide is your cage? If its only 2 grids then you don't need any other items to support the upper level besides grids and lots of zip ties.

Coughingcolours

Cavy Slave
Re: father in law gave me these

You already started a tread on this topic, no need for another.

cavyprncss0917

Cavy Slave
i have coroplast on the bottom and they have 9 inch high sides so they cant chew the grids. thank you for helping me out i appreciate it i was just worried that it might sag or fold up. Counghingcolours i was told by the person running the Guinea Pig Cages FB page to start a seperate thread.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.