Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

GREAT BEDDING IDEA

B

Brynn

GREAT BEDDING IDEA

Hi,

I know of this really great bedding that you can use and your piggers will love it. If anyone works at an office or business that has a paper shreader you can save the bags of shreadings and use them for bedding on top of whatever else you use. I use it and my guinea pigs love tunneling under and through it. Its a big hit. You might want to try it.

Brynn

M

mishkka

Re: GREAT BEDDING IDEA

Yes, but they eat it and will continue eating it until they overeat!

B

Brynn

not necessarily

not necessarily. It depends on the pigs. My pigs dont eat it cuz I provide them with enough hay pellets veggies and wooden houses and such to chew on. Most pigs will only chew on it if there is nothing to eat. It depends on your pig!

R

rabbitlover

Re: not necessarily

One big problem i find with that. I shred paperwork for my family's buisness and i know that shreeding it causes alot of DUST!!!!! so much so i cough and wheeze while i am shreding or emptying the bin. Couldn't that be a problem?

B

Brynn

I dont know. I've never had that problem before and I'm sensitive to dust and that. I dont know. I'm just now sure! Sorri
Brynn

N

nbreaux

shredded office paper

I thought about taking home some of the paper that the office shredders produced, but then decided against it for the following reasons:
1. The edges of the paper strips were rough to the touch. I worried about the equivalent of paper cuts on the piggies.
2. Office paper has a lot of toner in it.
3. Heavy duty shredders use a fair amount of oil which ends up on the paper shreds.

If anyone has sucessfully used shredded documents as bedding, please let me know.

B

Brynn

All I can say is this! I've never had a problem before with the paper as a little extra bedding with my original pig and the 3 pigs I have now so you may have your own problems with it but I am very careful with it to make sure it doesnt have that oily stuff in it and I check my piggies feet and etc. daily for paper cuts, I've never had a dust problem and my piggies dont eat it because they have a lifetime supply of unlimited hay. So ya! I'm going to continue using it cuz I like it and the piggies LUV it!! Thats just my opionin. Ok then bye bye
Brynn

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.