PDA

View Full Version : C&C New 3x4 c&c cage for my two boys!

aaquino1
08-30-13, 08:54 am
Hello guys,

I would like to share with you my new c&c cage that came in the mail a few days ago on Wednesday. I didn't build it myself. This is actually a custom order from the guineapigcagesstore! It has 3 inch walls.

It is quite bare. At first I used the bedding that I had leftover, but I'm going out to buy fleece today so I took it out. Also I'm going out t buy different types of hideys and tubes because as someone suggested, using hideys with only one entrance while the boys are still getting used to each other can be a problem. The baby likes to stand in front of the older boar's purple hidey entrance and that upsets him. They had to go a few days without hay as I ran out. I will be getting buying more hay for them today as well! I'm thinking of putting in fleece forests as well.

I'll post more pictures once I have their cage properly set up. If you have any suggestions on how to "furnish" the cage, please tell me! I'm not sure if guinea pigs like their hideys in corners or if they like them towards the middle of the cage.

QusieQ
08-30-13, 08:58 am
May I ask why only 3" walls? If I remember correctly 6" is the standard, with/without 12" back wall. You would think shorter walls could be messier. I know with my 6" walls I find poo's on the floor occasionally. Anyway, just curious -- my piglets love their c&c cage :) urs will too!!

aaquino1
08-30-13, 09:08 am
May I ask why only 3" walls? If I remember correctly 6" is the standard, with/without 12" back wall.

When I consulted with Sue from the guineapigcagesstore, she said that due to the size of the coroplast, she could only make it with 3" walls. I'm not sure why. Maybe for shipping purposes? My piggies didn't make as much mess with the bedding as I anticipated. Hopefully they will be just as clean or more clean when I put the fleece in.

QusieQ
08-30-13, 09:20 am
Gotcha -- even if it is a tad messier, your piglets will love u even more for ur extra hard work for them :)

spy9doc
08-30-13, 10:36 am
she could only make it with 3" walls. I'm not sure why. Maybe for shipping purposes?

No, it's not for shipping purposes. A sheet of Coroplast is 4' x 8' at Sabic.....that's standard size. Sue and I buy from the same outlet, so I'm familiar with their stock. If you do the math, a three-grid width is 42 in, which leaves only 6 in. to spare. That accounts for the 3 in. walls on the sides. The two "ends" could have been higher, but there is probably no need for it. I sometimes create differing wall heights, but that's usually only in the loft.

Lishar
08-30-13, 11:11 am
Nice! :D

Yup, put in a fleece forest... Pigs LOVE those things! :D

QusieQ
08-30-13, 02:00 pm
My piglets prefer their forest over all other hidey accessories! Easy to make on ur own :)