PDA

View Full Version : C&C Building the cage tommorrow..and my current ^^''

UchihaMickey
08-25-13, 09:56 pm
Awesome <3! So tomorrow morning, im heading the sign shop to get my 4x8 sheet of coroplast, additionally with a 3x3 for my 2x2 kitchen.. I feel as though I owe it to them for putting them in a store bought cage for 8 months out of the 12 months ive had them, then I stuck them in a closet! well, now, this is what I have them in =)

Behold, my rooms called the music room because im a total music person :P I love Techno, headphones, and gaming <3

54933 So ill explain, went piggy shopping, went to the thrift shop, bought some fleece for 2.99! xD I got the white, the blue came from my mother as shes a sew'er :P (Makes quilts and such <3) and the striped one you see.. I had it from about 2-3 years ago :P and the pigs love it ^^
Theres a shower curtain under it, transparent white, and it was about 6 feet long, :P You also should see the grids, if not, they block my bed, so the boys cant go under it, my skateboard, CD's, and wires for my electronics are under it, but they cant reach the cords! <3 So no worries! So.. Im guessing its about a 4x..8? o.O xD! no.. I just counted and I think its about 10.. -.o but yeah :D
54934 this was a genious idea I had.. ;) I bought these things -.o they clip onto the grids, and act like a little basket.. xD Gosh im so confusing! but uchi and mickey started messing with how I had it before.. =.= silly boys, so I changed it, and did this :D

Onto my question.. :P So ill be getting the 4x8 and 3x3 in the morning, and making it into a 2x6, With the 4x8, how big of walls can I make? also with the 3x3? o.o also, I need ramp ideas, but ill check the gallery first before asking questions, but if anyone has any advice, =) Much appreciated, :D
So excited as this will be my first C&C cage. :D

OH! sorry for making this so long! xD But I want to make fleece liners, but I need demensions o.O Length, Width please ^^''

any questions, or advice is appreciated! :D

UchihaMickey
08-26-13, 03:38 pm
Looking for answers ^^'' I have my coroplast, Bump? o.o

lissie
08-26-13, 03:48 pm
Your question is not clear. How many sheets of coroplast did you get? What are the sizes?
What's the size of the cage are you trying to make? 2x6?

UchihaMickey
08-26-13, 03:55 pm
Your question is not clear. How many sheets of coroplast did you get? What are the sizes?
What's the size of the cage are you trying to make? 2x6?
I got one sheet of a 4'by8', and one sheet of 3'by 3',and yeah, 2x6 ^^

lissie
08-26-13, 04:30 pm
A 2x6 with 6" wall uses 39" x 96".
You could make the back wall higher if you wanted to.
http://www.guineapigcages.com/howto.htm

spy9doc
08-26-13, 04:46 pm
I need ramp ideas, but ill check the gallery first before asking questions

Thank you! Some people never bother to go through the wealth of information in the gallery or archives of posts.

If you want to make a coroplast ramp, I posted instructions:

http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/about-cages/76294-making-reinforced-coroplast-ramp.html (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/about-cages/76294-making-reinforced-coroplast-ramp.html)

I make everything else for my cage, but ran out of patience when making the new cage. So, I bought a ramp from Sue on the parent site of this forum. Ultra fast shipping and the price is reasonable.

Also wanted to show you what I use for a hay rack. It's a shower caddy and I cut out every-other vertical rib so the piggies can access the hay. Of course, you take off the suction cups and attach it with zip ties. I use a pair of lightweight bolt cutters for the hay rack AND to cut grids down to a smaller height. After cutting with the bolt cutters, I then smooth all rough edges with a Dremel.

UchihaMickey
08-26-13, 05:02 pm
spy9doc I could just give you a hug. thank you so much.