Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Wilbur and Orville: our new skinny pigs!

raeofsunlight

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone, I am so excited to have some skinny pigs! I never expected to have guinea pigs but when my husband's cousin couldn't take care of his anymore, I took the plunge.

We adopted Wilbur (named after the Charlotte's Web pig), a 1 1/2 year old male skinny on Aug 14th. Doing much research on him (having no experience whatsoever), I realized that he really needed a friend. That is when I decided to find another skinny pig to join our family. I found a year old male 3 hours away and went on a day long road trip to pick him up. We decided to name him Orville, so now they are named after the Wright brothers.

We were really hoping that they would get along and be able to live together. Unfortunately, that isn't happening right away. They are still living in a large cage but we had to divide it up so they have their own space. They can still see each other through the bars. I am still hoping that when they get used to each other, we can take out the dividers.

I am really enjoying researching all about them, and deciding what is the next items we are going to buy for them. Their cage is going to be my new hobby. :) We are all loving our new family members.

Skinny Wilbur

Cavy Slave
So glad you have 2 skinny pigs. I love 'my' Wilbur. I just got Wilbur last Saturday 8-17-13. He's still a baby born 5-17-13

Welcome here. I have found a lot of helpful & friendly people. This is a wonderful place for learning.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.