PDA

View Full Version : Owner of this site please read.

piggiepigs
08-29-05, 09:10 am
Hello, Im wondering if you could help me, I have asked this question beofre and no one seems to be able to help. I accidently signed in whilst the 'save my password' box was clicked. I dont like saving passwords to my pc for security reasons. Anyhow, how on earth do I unsave it? People have sudjested unclicking the box, but the box isnt there when I come onto the forum as I am automatically signed on. I no longer have to fill in the part of my username and password and dont like it at all.

Teria
08-29-05, 09:13 am
Delete all your cookies, then it should be gone.

piggiepigs
08-29-05, 10:18 am
Thanx. xxxxx

CavySpirit
08-29-05, 10:24 am
Yes, deleting your cookies will do it.

Da_3_mad_pigs
08-29-05, 10:59 am
What are cookies?

piggiepigs
08-29-05, 11:39 am
Woohoo!! I did it!!! Many thanx people, I hadnt thought of that, Im a bit thick when it comes to computers.xxxx

Teria
08-29-05, 11:58 am
You're welcome. :)

Mad guinea pigs, cookies are little bits of info almost every site you visit leaves on your PC so the sites recognize you when you return. Passwords are often stored in cookies, too. I don't know the technical details though, I only know you can delete them.

Da_3_mad_pigs
08-29-05, 12:08 pm
Cool, thanks. :)

Pig-pig
08-30-05, 09:19 am
I would to post a Posative link for us/you all visit to acheive help with this problem most of us aren't even aware of.

Check out this link and I promise it will Help your PC.

www.lavasoft.com (http://www.lavasoft.com)

And download ad-aware. It a computer cleaner. I have it on My PC and it has made dramatic differences.

If you have Questions send me a private message I will "try"(notice the improtance of try) to give you as much help as needed. :optimist: