PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone I'm New Here!!

LilyPigs
08-13-13, 02:55 pm
Hi everyone!! Bestguineapigs showed me this account!!

Just so you guys know I don't have any guinea pigs but my mom said that when my first progress report card comes in with all straight A's (4.0) then my mom promised me that I could get my guinea pigs at that time!!!

All though I have one problem that you guys can answer if you want to. When it comes to winter, what should I do with my guinea pigs when I go on vacation to California for a week to visit my grandma?

Give me your best opinion's! Thanks bye!!

BestGuineaPigs
08-13-13, 03:04 pm
Awww! Thanks! You are the best!

I think you should take them to a close friend, or have a close friend come to your place to take care of them. If you take them to your friends house, it might stress them out from being away from home.

Aleks
08-13-13, 03:06 pm
Welcome to the forum, you will find lots of great info here on proper piggy care. :)
As far as what to do when you go on vacation, do you have a family member that could take care of them for you while you are gone?
Some vet offices and rescues offer boarding so that might be an option to consider.

KaryIvett
08-13-13, 03:06 pm
Hi I am new too! I hope to find good friends here!

LilyPigs
08-13-13, 03:09 pm
Welcome to the forum, you will find lots of great info here on proper piggy care. :)
As far as what to do when you go on vacation, do you have a family member that could take care of them for you while you are gone?
Some vet offices and rescues offer boarding so that might be an option to consider.

Yes I do have a family member!! I have my aunt, Bt se has 2 dogs and 1 cat!!! I'm scared that her dogsmight stress them ou and I'm also scare that there gong to bother them!!!

PiggyLove1
08-13-13, 03:14 pm
Welcome! You'll LOVE your pigs when you get them!

About the vacation thing... do you know any piggy owners near by you? If so, I'm sure they can take care of your pigs for you! Good luck on the forum!

Aleks
08-13-13, 03:16 pm
Yes I do have a family member!! I have my aunt, Bt se has 2 dogs and 1 cat!!! I'm scared that her dogsmight stress them ou and I'm also scare that there gong to bother them!!!

Does she have a room she could keep them in where the dogs and cat won't be able to get to them?

LilyPigs
08-13-13, 04:37 pm
Welcome! You'll LOVE your pigs when you get them!

About the vacation thing... do you know any piggy owners near by you? If so, I'm sure they can take care of your pigs for you! Good luck on the forum!

Thanks!! I do have a piggy owner near me!! It's Bestguineapigs!!! She has 3 guinea pigs that she already has to take care of and now she has to take care of 2-3 more guinea pigs!! Thank for your advise!!

LilyPigs
08-13-13, 04:37 pm
I'm not sure!!:sad:

PiggyLove1
08-14-13, 04:49 pm
Anytime!:)