Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage expanding to a 3x4 help with girds and coroplast

piggles0117

Cavy Slave
Okay, so I am expanding the cage from a 2x3 to a 3x4 and I was wondering how much coroplast I would need for that, I was planning on still keeping the coroplast from the old cage and taping it with the new (does that make sense??) so how much more coroplast would I need for that? I originally had a 4x8 sheet and cut out enough for the 2x3. And how many more grids would I need? AND, how many grids would I need for a stand? Sorry there is sooo many questions, I am absolutely HORRIBLE at math
:(

Melissa123

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
It will be better to just go buy a 4x8 sheet that way you have a nice base that isn't all taped up. You could do the walls 3.5" tall.

When I did my 3x4 of a stand I used 2 boxes of grids, but it's all depending on how you do your stand. I like having the extra storage on the bottom so I had to use more girds to have the cage itself supported.
sb1.jpg
sb3.jpg
As you can see, I used 2 pieces of coro for this cage base. Not the nicest looking but it did the job at the time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.