Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

do you disagree with all breeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggerlisious

Cavy Slave
do all of you disagree with all breeding? like cats dogs horses

even humans because you can adopt a baby like you can a pig. there are loads of homeless babies!!!!

but you will proberly tel me im wrong?

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
Let's just say we don't have feral children in the street yet. There aren't that many homeless babies and it is very hard to become adoptive parents. I've heard of couples with fertility issues conceiving before they get an adoptive child.

Another point is that humans have the ability to reason when it comes to the future. We know "Gee, if I get pregnant and I don't have the means to support this baby, I have a problem" So many of us wait till the right time and we don't abandon our children. We seek help is we can't support them and usually wait till thier 18 to boot them out.

Animals can't reason like that. Without natural preditors they will multiply and multiply some more! My boar can't reason that if he "does the deed" that 3-4 babies will show up in 2 months.

Now as thier guardians we are supposed to make the decision for them. We are supoosed to know when to stop, and when breeding is healthy. We breed endangered animals in captivity and I have a hunch that nobody has a problem with breeding animals like rhino's and elephants because we do need more. But there are many guinea pigs, cats, dogs, hamsters that need homes. We don't need anymore. Now I'm not sure about horses. I don't know if there is a horse over population problem or even how hard birth is on the mother so I can't tell you about horses, but I do know that we don't need anymore companion animals to be born into suffering. I don't want to see more kittens and puppies at the Humane Society. What is the point of being brought into this world if you will be taken right out of it with a needle and a pat on the head soon after?

CavyKind

Cavy Slave
I think the very way this question is asked reflects that we are dealing with a child here. It's a very immature and a rather silly thing to ask about on a board dedicated to guinea pigs and their welfare. (No offence to the very mature and sensible young members that we are lucky enough to have here.)

I'll simply add that I against the reproduction of any animals, where there are already too many sitting forlornly in shelters, perhaps on death row, while people selfishly breed more for their own egotistical and often greedy reasons.
This is never truer than when it comes to the breeding of the poor guinea pig.

piggerlisious

Cavy Slave
yes but then you see all poor babies in thelikes of arica?

CavyKind

Cavy Slave
piggerlisious said:
yes but then you see all poor babies in thelikes of arica?

I rest my case... :yawn:

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
CavyKind said:
I rest my case... :yawn:

This has got to be a wind-up?

CavyKind

Cavy Slave
daftscotslass said:
This has got to be a wind-up?

I'd be inclined to agree and I don't know about you...but I'm bored already!
I think that they are just craving a little bit attention on a boring Saturday afternoon.
Well...they've had enough from me.

piggerlisious

Cavy Slave
No i am not winding you up just asking. Now i know some of your views on this and me aperntly when you do not even know me, but this is fine.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
I do not disagree with all forms of breeding for the reasons that Sabriel mentioned above. She summed it up better than I ever could.

piggerlisious

Cavy Slave
Ok thankyou for your veiws.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
I just have nothing better to do. My husband had to work this morning and I hope he comes home soon, I want brunch!

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Pigger... is clearly a kid. She is being demoted to Cavy Person. I don't want these nonsense, baiting posts on our forum. And will be quickly banned if she does steps out of line again.

This thread is closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.