Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast How big of a sheet of coroplast will I need?

• Thread starter AllThesePiggies
  • Start date

AllThesePiggies

Cavy Slave
I just called my local sign shop again, explaining that I would be building a C&C cage. I asked if they had any scraps leftover that I could buy, and she said yes. So sometime during the week I'm going to drive over there and see what sizes they have, how much it would be, etc.

I'm looking to expand my 2x5 to either a 3x4 or 3x5 with 5 inch walls. Using my existing coroplast and just taping the new coroplast on, about how much more would I need? I'm terrible at math haha. I'm really hoping that since it would be scraps, they won't ask as much for it. :p

Lasinalia

Cavy Slave
I'm going to be doing this same thing. :) Or asking businesses I see if they would have any old signs or something. As long as the "lip" around the whole cage is one color, the rest is covered with fleece anyway! Does duct tape work as a good enough sealant to hold smaller pieces together if I'm using uhaul & fleece liners?

AllThesePiggies

Cavy Slave
I'm going to be doing this same thing. :) Or asking businesses I see if they would have any old signs or something. As long as the "lip" around the whole cage is one color, the rest is covered with fleece anyway! Does duct tape work as a good enough sealant to hold smaller pieces together if I'm using uhaul & fleece liners?

Haha exactly! I'm not sure about duct tape, but I know packaging tape works... that's what I use. But I don't see why duct tape wouldn't work. Are they pretty much the same thing? :confused:

Lasinalia

Cavy Slave
Packaging tape is clear and duct tape is sorta stringy... I know that packing tape doesn't stick after it is wet...but I believe it holds until the sticky part gets wet. I guess we could experiment and see. But since I use fleece mostly for poo (they pee in the kitchen which is a litter box with shredded paper), I wouldn't even have to have uhaul under the whole thing. Just a cuople layers of fleece for warmth and softness.

AllThesePiggies

Cavy Slave
Ohhh, I see. Well, I think I'd need like a 2 foot by 5-6 foot piece of coroplast... which is a lot larger than I thought I'd need. Maybe I could get two smaller pieces and just tape them together, instead of one big one?

Lasinalia

Cavy Slave
O yea...i believe that is no problem

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.