Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids Grids in Australia?

IllryiaRTBW

Cavy Slave
Now I know this might sound stupid to those of you outside of Australia but it's IMPOSSIBLE to get the cubes, I emailed everyone associated with home storage and even asked if Target or Kmart could order them in from the US stores (which they couldn't). I have a main C&C cage set up and I ended up having to buy some grid panels from a hardware shop that where in massive sizes and cost an arm and a leg (though still cheaper then a pet store cage) but now that it's winter and I can't put the outside on the grass for floor time and while I clean the cages I'm having trouble coming up with something to use as a temp cage.
Is there any alternatives that would be suitable for someone on a budget (gotta start saving for uni/college text books) to create a floor time wall? I've seen other people just wall off a section of a room with the grids but I can't really do that and the temp one that I do have is much too small for floor time.
On a funny side note my girl Pumpkin is giving me attitude because she's not getting out on the grass (which she loves), I keep telling her I don't want her to get a wet belly but she's having none of my logic lol.

stray hares

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Grids are really hard to find at the moment! You could always try a puppy play pen like this one, (broken link removed) or buying the grids themselves off eBay, (broken link removed) or (broken link removed) Try Bunnings though if you haven't already, you can use closet shelving from there as well. Good luck!

CosycaviesinOz

Cavy Slave
Hi, I use the pet panels as listed by stray hares above. I love them as they are easy to connect together, lightweight and easy to store(under the bed or sofa). Someone previously mentioned Dasio (Japanese cheap store) stock grids of different sizes . My nearest is in Doncaster - I plan to take a look tomorrow. But to be honest, the pet panels are great as I can attach a drink bottle to it, clip on my hay racks as it has the extra height. I put down tarp, bath towels and fleece on top and the panels go round the edge. I've seen people clip together wire shelving too.

IllryiaRTBW

Cavy Slave
Thanks heaps for the ideas :) I found a thread in the Aussie and NZ section (I didn't know there was a country section lol) which also had some great suggestions :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.