Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi All

IllryiaRTBW

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone,
I'm from Melbourne Australia and I'm a lover of pretty much all animals, I have dogs and fish as well as the piggies. I've been a proud (and somewhat over reactive or so I've been told) pig mother for a couple of years. I've got off to a bad start with one of my gorgeous girls (Aphrodite) dieing of lymphoma at only 2 years old and only a year after I got her and her cage mate (Nellie) died of a suspected brain tumor only last week, despite their otherwise perfect health. As hard as their loss has been on me I'm very proud of the way Nellie changed after living with me, she was a shy girl when I adopted her who didn't like cuddles much but only 6months later she became a much more bold piggie who would shout at you if the veggies were late and then get so excited when they arrived that she would stand on her back legs with her front ones holding the wall. By the start of the second year with me Nellie would happily sit for 30mins and have a cuddle or a comb. I currently have two girls, both adopted from the same shelter where I got Nellie and Aphrodite. They're much more skiddish but they've also only been here since December last year.
I have to admit that when I first opted to adopt piggies I didn't realise that they'd have such deep personalities, I've really enjoyed getting to know my piggies and each of their little quirks/odditys that make them them.

Pawesomepet

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! Hope to see you stick around! We would love to see pigtures :)

Guinsisters

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Hope you enjoy the forum!

IllryiaRTBW

Cavy Slave
About the pictures, do they need to be resized? If so I'll have to start doing that on my weekend.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.