PDA

View Full Version : Will have the cages soon!!!

Myspoiltpiggies
08-26-05, 12:47 am
lol I'm so happy & excited. I managed to make a ramp on my own yesterday. I used spare wood, carpet & duct tape.. okay so I'll have to make it more secure but it's holding together really welllol There are no sides to it and I'm worried it will be a little steep but overall I like it. I'll be getting the grids & cable ties on Tuesday I think and the lino at the weekend. I'm going to have the lino on the outside of the cages so they won't chew. I'll post some pics of the ramp later:important

Myspoiltpiggies
08-28-05, 02:41 am
Grrr I nearly had them yesterday!! My uncle lives up in London where Robert May is and he is coming to see us today. He went there and what do you know - they were CLOSED! He saw some people who work there though, they were in and out carrying boxes.. he went up to them to ask them if he could just buy something but they said sorry, if one customer comes in, we'll have to let everyone else in.' As if loads of people wanna buy something from a shop that supplies stuff for other shops. The reason they were closed was because they didn't have enough staff working there. So thanks to them my piggies are still C&C cagesless. He is going to try again next week so fingers crossed I will have them in the next two weeks!:ashamed:

Myspoiltpiggies
08-31-05, 01:44 am
Whoo the grids are coming tomorrow now!lol We are hunting for Correx today but if we can't find any we are going to just use Lino. Does anyone know what is cheaper? We looked at off-cuts of Lino and they ranged from £10 to £50.

Da_3_mad_pigs
08-31-05, 03:32 am
I think lino can be quite expensive so I would go with correx! hop that helps! :)

piggiepigs
08-31-05, 06:46 am
I phoned around for lino and the shops were charging silly prices for off cuts of lino. For myself the correx has worked out cheaper x

Myspoiltpiggies
08-31-05, 07:20 am
Okay thanks both. My dad is going to ring the sign shop near him while he's at work so I'm praying he comes home with Correx!!:crazy:

Myspoiltpiggies
09-01-05, 05:26 am
Yaaaaaaay!! I can't believe it, I finally have grids!!! They are bigger than I thought they were. I've been wanting C&C cages for ages and now I finally can have them:tearsofjo though I still need Correx.

Da_3_mad_pigs
09-01-05, 11:54 am
Have you got any pica you could post of the new cage?? ILoveMyPiggies:):):)

stitsy&codyPig
09-01-05, 12:00 pm
I am so happy for you I just made my piggy his first c&c cage last week! He loves it, he runs laps and popcorns all day!

Myspoiltpiggies
09-01-05, 12:20 pm
I will post pics as soon as possible.. there will be more than one cage to build.. haha I have sixteen pigs. I still don't have Correx or Lino but I'm hoping to get it tomorrow morning. Also by dad is going somewhere over the weekend and I need him to help me take out the hutches so we can put in the new:ashamed: I don't want to wait another few days.. I want to build them NOW!

Myspoiltpiggies
09-01-05, 12:21 pm
I am so happy for you I just made my piggy his first c&c cage last week! He loves it, he runs laps and popcorns all day!
Awww!! I can't wait to see my piggies reactions!

JennG
09-01-05, 12:30 pm
Congrats on finally getting your grids. Thats great. Be careful I've had my girls for six weeks and I've revised their cage 3 times and will probably do one more revision. Its so addicting to make your piggies a perfect place to live. Mine seems so big that I don't even call it a cage I've deemed it the Piggie Palace. ;)

Myspoiltpiggies
09-01-05, 12:33 pm
I just looked at your cage, it's lovely and BIG! Lots of grids!!

JennG
09-01-05, 12:35 pm
Thanks and actually its even bigger now. I've got to develop my pictures and I'll post more in a few days. I think I've used a total of 4 boxes of grids.

PS I only have three girls living in it right now. I'm supposed to have six by Christmas.:crazy:

Lacy&Buttercup
09-04-05, 09:22 am
I'm so excited! :cheerful: We (okay, my husband) built Lacy's cage Friday night. She popcorned a few times and explored it at first but now she acts like she doesn't know what to do with all the space. She stays in her igloo except to come out and eat. It's a 2x4 C&C, three cubes high with the middle floor as two open shelves to store all of her supplies. I saw one on this site and copied it. I hope the person doesn't mind. They had a wonderful idea! I absolutely love the fact that my piggie has a new home and I have a place to keep all of her things. I wish I had pictures to show you. As soon as I can, I'll borrow my mother-in-laws camera.

Ly&Pigs
09-04-05, 09:37 am
Melissa, give her time to adjust to her new surroundings and she will come out to investigate and explore.

Lacy&Buttercup
09-04-05, 10:27 am
Melissa, give her time to adjust to her new surroundings and she will come out to investigate and explore.

Okay. Thanks! I don't know if this is the proper place to say this but here goes. One thing that I don't like about my C&C cage, it is so high that I can't see her from sitting on the couch. :sad: