Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

sneezing

W

wizard814

sneezing

i jus bought a guinea pig and it sneezes a little. She doesn't have any other symptoms. I am using pine bedding and i am not sure what is best to use. I was also wondering if it is possible for her to have allergies such as hay fever ect.

N

Nibblet8

no worries

As far as I have read, sneezing is normal. Check out this link for more info.

(broken link removed)

SuperCavyLover

Cavy Slave
Re: no worries

Wizard814,
All cavies will sneeze occasionally. Just like people. But if your cavy sneezes often, you may need to get him to a vet.
It could be the bedding you are using. I also use Pine bedding, and all 17(fixing to be 20!) piggies like it without sneezing. Good Luck to you!

Attachments

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 2.08.34 AM.jpg
C

Cowgirl

Cutest little sneezes

My piggies sneeze sometimes too - the hay can make them sneeze just like it makes me sneeze sometimes! :) I took them for a vet checkup and they are healthy, so if there aren't other symptoms, that's probably it.

L

Laura0626

Re: sneezing

Is the pine kiln-dried? This could be the problem. Try bedding on towels for a few days and see if this helps.

S

saraecom

Take to the docter!!!!

Take it to the doctor and ask about it.

S

semcavylover

sneezing

If your piggy is sneezing a lot, take it to you gp vet and see what they think. If you are looking for bedding that is not as dusty as shavings you may be able to try carefresh pet bedding. It is recycled paper and a 50 liter bag is about $20.00. A bit expensive, but it may help in the long run. Just a thought...Good Luck!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.