Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Daily Scoops cat litter

M

Minibean

Daily Scoops cat litter

Has anyone heard of/tried this? I just bought a small bag. It's made from recycled newspaper and looks a lot like Yesterday's News. However, since it is for cats, I am no sure if it will be safe for pigs. Unfortnately there's not list of "ingredients" on the bag. Any thoughts?

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: Daily Scoops cat litter

Cat litter usually has additives. Not really intended as a bedding. I probably wouldn't use it.

M

Minibean

That's what I thought, although not all cat litters ahve additives. Yesterdays' New is actually for cats, but it's also safe for pigs. I don't want to take any chances though. The aspen I've been using has been declining is quality lately and I need to find something better fast. I will have find the money to get Carefresh or order something online. (I'm going to go broke!!! 8o )

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: ...

Join the club. Look at this photo I put up on the Helping Out page on my Cavy Spirit website:

Carefresh1.jpg

Attachments

57057A8B-D227-4F19-92E1-166AF52AB4BE.jpg
M

Minibean

WOW...

And to think I was dreading the thought of having to go through just two bags a week!

Attachments

20181230_151151.jpg 20181230_151341.jpg

SuperCavyLover

Cavy Slave
Re: WOW...

MY gosh Teresa!!!!!
That's ALOT of Carefresh bedding :)
I wish the Carefresh here was cheaper, because I would
also stock up. But it's sometimes difficult to spend $60 for 3 bags. @ $20 a piece. I would be HAPPY if it was sold here for $10-15 a bag.

N

Nibblet8

Price of Carefresh in Canada

I too went in search of Carefresh for my little buddies. After weeks of searching I finally found a local store that carries it. Unfortunatley they want $16.95 CDN for a bag.

I think I will stick to my Aspen and Corn Cob blend for now.

( I use the corn cob in their "bathroom area" and the aspen everywhere else including covering the corn cob )

N

Nibblet8

Price of Carefresh in Canada

I too went in search of Carefresh for my little buddies. After weeks of searching I finally found a local store that carries it. Unfortunatley they want $16.95 CDN for a bag.

I think I will stick to my Aspen and Corn Cob blend for now. But am considering using carefresh on the bottom instead. Just the $ issue :(

( I use the corn cob in their "bathroom area" and the aspen everywhere else including covering the corn cob )

L

Laura0626

Re: Price of Carefresh in Canada

Here (In IL) It's $20.00.

They really overprice Carefresh. All it is is recycled newspaper.

S

saraecom

No!!!!!!!!

You let the pig go outside and do-do not on paper or you train it with the cage. in the cage put a bowl and teach it to go there and do-do and as it gets bigger you make the bowel bigger.

S

semcavylover

bedding

Corner potties are ok, but I think gp's should have something on the bottom of their cages so they have cushy places to lay outside of their cozies and hidey holes. Also their feet can get hurt if they do not have anything under them all day. Even if you just put a cushy rug down for them, and a potty somewhere they can get to? (Just make sure they don't eat the rug too much)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.