Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions Please help !

Dessypoobear

Cavy Slave
So when i first got my piggie he had some hard crusty stuff on his side we gave him a bath and it came off. Just today we pulled off the thing that is in the pictures we pulled this off his side when we did he didn't show any discomfort. We felt the thing and its sort of hard but has no smell it kind of happened within minutes it wasn't there one minute then when we picked him up it was there. I'm extremely worried and I dont believe it semen from the other piggies just because of the way it looks and the fact that is would have had to form within minutes. PLEASE HELP :(

Attachments

photo(11).jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Looks like semen to me. Nothing to worry about, and you'll be finding lots more.

Dessypoobear

Cavy Slave
are you sure because its all rubbery

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
It is, I saved my one piggy from that just the other night. Only to have him covered the next day. It's very nasty as it sits longer.

Soecara

Cavy Slave
Definitely "boar glue" as I like to call it. Keep in mind guinea pig seamen is not like that of humans. It is very rubbery so as to stick tothe walls of the sow's vagina to prevent another boar mating with her and ensure he is the father of the next generation (which is nice if you were a wild guinea pig but annoying of us owners), it sets like this almost instantly. One time my boy's were mounting each other and I saw one mess on the other, II tried to get it off instantly because that stuff is a real pain to remove but it had already set rubber hard while it was still warm *sigh*.

Interestingly guinea pig are not the only animal that have this quirk chinchillas are the same.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.