PDA

View Full Version : Hello from all three of us!

UchihaMickey
07-21-13, 05:19 am
Three of us being Me, and my 2 pigggies who are almost a year old :)
I got my piggies on August 5th, 2012.. Yeah, ive had them almost a year now, but ive referred to this site a million times, mostly for the inspritation of the C&C cages! Aha, but.. I have saddening news... :(... They.. live in a store baught cage.. Nono D: Its a Rabbit starter cage. but I totally agree on how they are glorified litter boxes. that's so true ._. but, the good news is, ive been saving up for a C&C, and hopefully, ill get all the things I need in August :D right around their birthday! Woot. Uhm.. I don't have pigtures yet.. well, maybe
*-*52668 One on the right is Mickey, One on the left, is Uchiha. (uchi)
Just a fewbies about them,well, we'll start with their names :D
Uchiha~ his nickename is Uchi, or Brave Piggie. ehe, hes a adventurous piggy, loves to run around, popcorn, and.. hide in the tree from me ._. *like by the tree trunk*
Mickey, hes.. a shy piggy, he doesn't like to be handled, I think what made him shy, or maybe its in his genes, but my sister.. >.< was a meanie to him, didn't let him get any free time, so he was cooped up and didn't get to run around. Anyway ^^'' I have a few other pets, wont get to much about them, but I have 5 dogs, 3 cats.. ^^'' But they don't bother the piggies, well, while im still new to being a piggy slave, I would like to ask for tips, oh, they are both Boys, and we got them from a breeder ^^ I think that's good right?.. I don't like getting them from stores :/ ay.. im writing to much x.x for the cage, C&C, I was going to get 2.. 4x2's. meaning, 2 of the.. 6 pack.. o.e yeah im confusing, but for the coroplast, how much would I need? ^^'' I have absolutely no idea how to use the coroplast, but I bet YouTube will help me! c: Yeah.. :D All General tips for caring for a piggy.. would be greatly appreciated, as im thinking I need to learn a lot! Thanks in advance~

Thanks from the 3 of us <3 *and the other cats and dogs*

Pawesomepet
07-21-13, 08:29 am
Welcome to the forum they are SO adorable! :) getting them from a breeder is not good most of them are irresponsible BUT most of us here have gotten at least one of ours from "the wrong place" so don't feel bad!

UchihaMickey
07-21-13, 08:46 am
ahaha, but thats ok xP For my two piggies, im gonna get them a 4x5.. since mine love to run around, i put them outside ALOT since they are in the store baught cage T_T''.. i hate them being in there, but they get yummies and nummies outside :D and thank you ^^ I hope to meet and learn alot here :D

Pawesomepet
07-21-13, 08:57 am
Usually people dont agree with breeders because the majority of the time they are irresponsible but like i said most of us have done the same thing ive gotten a few of mine from pet stores (ive got 12 lol) Wow a 4X5 they're gonna love that! I wish I could fit that big of a cage lucky piggies! It's a lot of fun around here so I hope you stay :)

NursePiggy
07-21-13, 09:32 am
Three of us being Me, and my 2 pigggies who are almost a year old :)
I got my piggies on August 5th, 2012.. Yeah, ive had them almost a year now, but ive referred to this site a million times, mostly for the inspritation of the C&C cages! Aha, but.. I have saddening news... :(... They.. live in a store baught cage.. Nono D: Its a Rabbit starter cage. but I totally agree on how they are glorified litter boxes. that's so true ._. but, the good news is, ive been saving up for a C&C, and hopefully, ill get all the things I need in August :D right around their birthday! Woot. Uhm.. I don't have pigtures yet.. well, maybe
*-*52668 One on the right is Mickey, One on the left, is Uchiha. (uchi)
Just a fewbies about them,well, we'll start with their names :D
Uchiha~ his nickename is Uchi, or Brave Piggie. ehe, hes a adventurous piggy, loves to run around, popcorn, and.. hide in the tree from me ._. *like by the tree trunk*
Mickey, hes.. a shy piggy, he doesn't like to be handled, I think what made him shy, or maybe its in his genes, but my sister.. >.< was a meanie to him, didn't let him get any free time, so he was cooped up and didn't get to run around. Anyway ^^'' I have a few other pets, wont get to much about them, but I have 5 dogs, 3 cats.. ^^'' But they don't bother the piggies, well, while im still new to being a piggy slave, I would like to ask for tips, oh, they are both Boys, and we got them from a breeder ^^ I think that's good right?.. I don't like getting them from stores :/ ay.. im writing to much x.x for the cage, C&C, I was going to get 2.. 4x2's. meaning, 2 of the.. 6 pack.. o.e yeah im confusing, but for the coroplast, how much would I need? ^^'' I have absolutely no idea how to use the coroplast, but I bet YouTube will help me! c: Yeah.. :D All General tips for caring for a piggy.. would be greatly appreciated, as im thinking I need to learn a lot! Thanks in advance~

Thanks from the 3 of us <3 *and the other cats and dogs*

Welcome UchihaMickey! They look like brothers even though they are from different places. I have two young girls and love them very much. My piggies are ill right now so I have been playing nurse to them which is where I got my name handle from. Sounds like you have quite a number of furry things running around the house. Do the cats and dogs get along? Are the other animals able to get near the piggies? I ask because you might want to consider putting a lid on top of your CC cage just for added protection. I have two dogs, two birds, and a rabbit. My Golden Retriever mix, Teddy, is a therapy dog and thinks he has to keep track of all our animals. Every morning when we get up he runs around the house and 'checks up' on all the caged animals to be sure they are where they are supposed to be. Pretty adorable. I have one pet with an interesting name...my cocktiel is named Kimchee...spicy cabbage...which she sure can be when she wants attention! She talks and says Night-Night Kimchee! at bedtime. Welcome to the forum!

UchihaMickey
07-21-13, 12:07 pm
Ahaha, such a warm welcome, thank you! And yeah, so many animals, Uhhm, I don't have a cc cage just yet. but im going to make one in August, planning on a 2x5 for just my boys. They are in a store baught Rabbit Starter cage, ill put a picture up soon of it, or well, here,52683Yeah, its really small, I hate it too, im gonna build the 2x5 soon.. Im in Colorado, and I have no clue how to, or where to get my coroplast, I know Home Depot, but im nervous about the scoring, and folding D: Afraid of ruining it. as of with your other questions, Yes, all my animals get along ^^ They don't bother the pigs, one of my puppies, her names Sweetie, she loves to watch them. The cats are able to get to the pigs, but not able to touch them, they can look, but not touch ^^ Its absolutely fine that you ask questions, I would appreciate some help in how I would assemble my cc cage.. ive watched youtube videos.. eck, I would also need measurements, its just going to be a straight 2x5 Ive seen an idea, using a Book Case without the shelves, instead of using the grids, I like the idea, but I would still need the coroplast.. xD Are there any alternatives to coroplast? Theres a sign shop around here.. so ill have to go look there, but I appreciate you replying :D Thank you for such a warm welcome!

Ooh! And I left the cage door open for just the picture~ Its closed now, and always is when im not in the room~

katherineausten
07-21-13, 01:08 pm
You can get precut and sized coroplast from www.guineapigcagesstore.com (http://www.guineapigcagesstore.com) but if you were to get a 2x5 the coro would need to be at least a 42x87 sheet if you want 6" sides

UchihaMickey
07-21-13, 01:37 pm
You can get precut and sized coroplast from www.guineapigcagesstore.com (http://www.guineapigcagesstore.com) but if you were to get a 2x5 the coro would need to be at least a 42x87 sheet if you want 6" sides

Thank you so much! My pigs are almost a year old, so I think 6" sides should be okay?.. Thank you again for the measurements ^-^

katherineausten
07-21-13, 06:29 pm
Yeah, 6" sides are fine! You don't technically need sides, they just help with poop not being flung across the room!

UchihaMickey
07-21-13, 07:33 pm
Yeah, 6" sides are fine! You don't technically need sides, they just help with poop not being flung across the room!

I dont? Wouldnt my piggies like.. try to get out? o.o..Uchi is adventurous.. so he likes to try to explore.. xD But thanks for clarifying that 6" would be fine :D