PDA

View Full Version : New Person Here

CavieGuy
07-20-13, 10:02 pm
Hello Everyone :)

I'm a relatively new person to the joys of owning Guinea Pigs. My first Guinea Pig "Socrates" was bought in February, two weeks later we bought another "Aristotle" for companionship. They instantly became a bonded pair sharing the same hut and eating from the same bowl. Two months later, I notice a lump under Socrates throat and informed my partner about it so we took Socrates to a Vet and informed us that she needed surgery so after the initial ticker shock of the Vet estimate ($700) we went ahead and opted for the surgery. Unfortunately she died from cardiac arrest after waking up.

After a week of Aristotle being alone and looked like she was withdrawn, we went to a rescue group and adopted Peanut...We just got another Guinea name "Skittles"

Aristotle, Peanut and Skittles.

bpatters
07-20-13, 10:03 pm
Welcome to the forum! We'd love to see pictures.

Pawesomepet
07-20-13, 10:05 pm
Welcome to the forum! Hope to see some pigtures soon :)

Khrisxtine
07-20-13, 10:09 pm
Welcome to the boards! Glad to have you here!

Looking forward to seeing some pigtures :)

CavieGuy
07-20-13, 10:10 pm
Thank you...

Aristotle, Skittles, Peanut in their play pen (3x6 C and C)

Skittles and Aristotle in their outdoor vegetable garden play pen (4 feet wide, 6 feet long) growing Wheat grass, Marigolds, Cilantro, Parsley, and Romaine Lettuce.

This video was taken before we got Skittles in their outdoor vegetable garden habitat.

http://youtu.be/2aoTX2w4dkY

CavieGuy
07-20-13, 10:15 pm
This is Skittles...When we first got her she had crusty eyes and pneumonia. She was on antibiotics for 10 days and 5 day treatment for the eye infection.

This is the full picture of their vegetable garden.

Sunny
07-20-13, 10:27 pm
You have some spoiled piggies! That's awesome!

Very sorry about the loss of one of your fuzzies.

UchihaMickey
07-21-13, 04:57 am
Those are some very spoiled piggies! Im sorry for your loss in piggies :( *puts extra num nums into their veggie garden*

janinehunt
07-21-13, 07:23 am
Hi cavyguy, welcome to the forum. You have beautiful piggies and I love their veggie garden pig pen. What a great idea!

Pawesomepet
07-21-13, 08:59 am
They are so adorable :)

NursePiggy
07-21-13, 09:22 am
Wow CavyGuy...in my next life I want to come back as piggy and stay with YOU! Love the outdoor garden!!! Cool shoes too BTW.lol I too am sorry about Socrates...they act so hardy yet are so fragile...that it breaks your heart when they suffer, get ill, or pass away...You and your partner are definitely outstanding piggy parents. Welcome to the forum!

Hhbean
07-21-13, 01:17 pm
Hi and welcome! I am so sorry about Socrates. My piggies are packing their bags and coming to stay with you! I adore your piggy garden and your piggies are too cute!

YourSoJelly
07-21-13, 04:15 pm
Amazing habitats! Welcome to the forum, enjoy everything the site has to offer

CavieGuy
07-21-13, 08:27 pm
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am really enjoying this forum and constantly learning.

I've gone Cavy crazy. My cavies are finally enjoying their garden since the heat wave is over. They spend about 1 1/2-2 hours a day in the garden while I'm tending to my veggies.

Their indoor play pen they spend about 2-3 hours a day. I'm just making sure they have their play time since I read it is important to Guinea pigs.