Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Aspen Fresh bedding - Oxbow

F

fcarr92

Aspen Fresh bedding - Oxbow

This is marketed as a natural, biodegradable pellet made of aspen bark. Oxbow seem to have a good reputation. Have others used this type of bedding successfully? I wonder if it would be harder on their feet than aspen shavings (which I'm currently using) - but may improve the slight odor problem.
thanks

L

Laura0626

Re: Aspen Fresh bedding - Oxbow

It's extremely hard- and expensive. It's like $14.99 for a tiny bag!

I would think that it would be best just to stick with Aspen shavings. They're not as expensive or hard.

Best Wishes! ;)

~*Laura, Pumpkin, and Nikki*~

F

fcarr92

Aspen Fresh

Thanks for the feedback...glad I checked before ordering some. I think I'll stick with the Aspen shavings, as you suggested, and perhaps add a small layer of Carefresh on top. On the second level of the CC I have a bunch of quilted placemats and a cut up blanket. My guinea doesn't go 'upstairs' very often [although I suspect he plays more during the night] - so it rarely needs cleaning. When we bring home the classroom guinea pig at weekends it's a different story. The two of them get along really well, and as the classroom guinea is still young (4 months) - he is full of beans and does some impressive 'laps' up and down and round the two levels....which encourages our home guinea to jump around also.

I know this is more a cage topic...but I can't say enough about the CC setup, and how all that extra space encourages guineas to actually act like themselves, instead of sitting like a little lump of fur in the corner of a small cage.
/Cheers

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.