Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My first post!

PiggyPrince

Cavy Slave
I just learned how to post. Hello everyone from guineapigcages! I have four guinea pigs in a 2x3 1/2 grid cage. One is separated because her buddy died and the owners gave her and her things to us. If anyone has any ideas to help introduce her to the other three please tell. Thank you.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Welcome! We love meeting new guinea pig people! :) Make yourself at home, take a look at some of the threads and if you have questions, please feel free to ask.

We are also piggy pic crazy here. So please post some pics of your furry friends.

So you have 4 pigs in a 2X3 cage??? That really is quite a squish. A 2X3 (even 2X3 1/2) is suitable for 1 male pig or at most 2 female pigs.

Khrisxtine

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forums! :) You'll definitely gain a wealth of knowledge on here! I'm a new piggy owner and have learned so much on here. Everyone is very helpful and you can almost find anything you are looking for if you search for it.. and if not - everyone is willing to help you out if you ask!

I think 4 pigs in a 2x3 is a bit small, so maybe after you quarantine the other ones you can expand their cage and then introduce them afterwards with the link that was posted above https://www.cavyspirit.com/sociallife.htm

:) and we'd love to see pigtures!

PiggyPrince

Cavy Slave
I know it's small them and I really want to expand their cage but with my mom still trying to find a job intro so she can't buy anything and there's little space in my room for them so my mom told me to wait a week of trying to intro them then if they agree with each other I can cut a hole in the chloroplast that the previous owners of the new guinea pig used to make a second level. Thank you all for helping out!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.