Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Vet Well, vet trip on Thursday

skbrodie

Cavy Slave
I gave up- I have to take my girls to the vet. I thought Betsie's skin would get better but today she's just been scratching like crazy and has so much dandruff... at least I guess that's what it is. I looked at it several times and it just seems to be skin but we will find out what is causing it. She's a rex so I'm hoping it's just dry skin. And Baylie has starting coughing again... this time though it's just random, not when she's eating. I hate having to take my pets to the vet because they are all so scared. I went out and got them a nicer pet carrier though, so hopefully that will make them feel better to have some fleece in there :).

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
Awe, feel better Betsie and Bailey!

skbrodie

Cavy Slave
So scared... awaiting results

So, I just took Betsie and Baylie to the vet. Betsie had really dry skin/dandruff, but they couldn't find anything wrong with her skin. We are treating them both for mites just to be cautionary. My real issue is Baylie... she just keeps coughing. They couldn't feel/see anything wrong with her so... I opted to do blood work and get xrays taken. They think she may either have a thyroid issue or a heart problem and they think that a heart issue is more likely. I'm really nervous about it because of course I don't want her to have any problems at all.

If anyone has had experience with these types of situations, I'd love any information you can give me.

rolandinthehay

Cavy Slave
Re: So scared... awaiting results

I've never dealt with those situations, but I hope everything works out well for you and your pigs.

skbrodie

Cavy Slave

Thank you... I'm just waiting for the vet to call so I can go pick up my girls.

skbrodie

Cavy Slave

So she doesn't appear to have a heart problem... so that's good. Still waiting on blood work results of course. And we are giving her an antibiotic too.

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave

Hoping for a good diagnosis!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.