Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Newbie to Forum and to Guinea Pigs!

LexiandLily

Cavy Slave
Hi, my name is Laura and I'm a guinea pig addict!!! :)
I've only ever had a hamster when I was younger and it hated me so I was a bit dubious about guinea pigs, however my best friend/house mate talked me round and I'm so glad she did. Only had our babies a week and I'm in love. Lexi and Lily are roughly 7 weeks old and have taken over my heart and my home. The local rescue only had boys and we wanted girls so we done some online searches and found a new litter not far from where we live (I refused to go to the pet shop) and fell in love instantly. Lily is like a teddy bear, very fuzzy (I call her Lily Loo Brush when she's not listening) and Lexi is silky, her hair is long but not too long. They are both adorable and I love seeing them munch on there Kale and the odd carrot for a treat. We currently have a very girly layout cage with an extension on the side for the girls to stretch their legs, we would like to go bigger once we have more room.
I hope to learn lots of new things about how to make our girls have a long and happy life. Look forward to speaking with you all! Thanks. image (2).jpgimage (3).jpgphoto (41).jpg

EllaBellaMuffin

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
awwww, very cute piggies:)

LexiandLily

Cavy Slave
oooo i just used the 'Thank' button for the first time, no idea what it would do :) now I know YEY. Thanks EllaBellaMuffin, they are adorable, but I'm biased haha

NursePiggy

Cavy Slave
What cutie pies! Congratulations! I'm a newbie too and like you am addicted to my pigs. Wish I had a rescue close by too to adopt from but pet stores are the closest thing to us. Plus they need loving homes too. But my poor girls are not doing so well and I am sure it is because they were not raised or bred in the right conditions. I spend a large part of my days right now caring for them. My goal is to keep them healthy and happy for as long as they thrive...and should they pass I will hold off on pet store pigs and search out private folks or look for ones that have been surrendered. Often folks will surrender them to the pet shops here in town and they are adopted out rather quickly.

Your piggy is defintely part of the Teddy breed because of its curly hair. Check out Gorgeous Guineas website from the UK for some terrific shampoos and such to help keep your girls looking fabulous! Enjoy the forum and welcome!

LexiandLily

Cavy Slave
thanks very much, I'll check them out. With them being so young we are trying to get them used to us as much as possible, my little Lexi even lifts her leg now when I'm stroking her so I can tickle her belly, I love their individual personalities and how different they all are, Lily (teddy) prefers to lie fully stretched like a sausage and having her back stroked.
So sorry to hear your girls are doing too good, but I'm pleased they have a loving mammy to look after them.

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome! Your girls are adorable!

LexiandLily

Cavy Slave
Thanks, I love them!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.