Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

litter boxes

D

danno0909

litter boxes

Ok. I have 2 piggies. I have 2 litterboxes, one that is big enough for one pig and another that is big enough for at least 2. They go in them sometimes but not all the time. Can someone please tell me how I can train my little piggies so that they will go in the litter boxes? It's not that they cant be trained; they like to learn. I just think I'm doing it wrong.

S

semcavylover

???

I have trained my rabbits to go in corner litter pans. What I did was put a few of their stools in the potty, and they got the drift pretty quick. However, in your situation, your kids already use the potty sometimes. (Do you mean they go to the bathroom on your floor, or in other areas in their cage?) I think you are doing fine. How long have you been training, because it may just take a bit more time. They will catch on eventually I think. Good luck!

D

danno0909

Re: ???

well, they go in there sometimes but sometimes get careless or something and go in the pen/floor. I was just wondering how to really get it across that they cant go in the floor. any ideas at all would be good.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.