PDA

View Full Version : My Guinea Pigs

taiesiya55
07-09-13, 03:33 pm
I have myself 9 guinea pigs but all together I have 18 but my friend and I have a breeding program with her so we both share our guinea pigs. These are my female guinea pigs Fanta, Tiger, Raro, Clover and these are my male ones Simone, Waffles, Rhino, Cookie and Marshmallow. They are all loveluy but some are on trademe at http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=610011393 they are my male ones except Marshmallow check them out!!!!

YourSoJelly
07-09-13, 03:36 pm
Hello.Just letting you know, this is an anti-breeding site. We are set up that way because of the risk that giving birth brings to the mothers. There are also plenty of guinea pigs in rescues and shelters that need homes, breeding only adds more guinea pigs to the problem.

RodentCuddles
07-09-13, 03:39 pm
Hi there,

Like YourSoJelly said this is an anti-breeding site for many reasons posting about intentionally breeding guinea pigs is not welcomed.

I run Auckland Cavy Care a guinea pig rescue in Auckland NZ (https://www.facebook.com/CavyCareRescue) and We're over run with guinea pigs in need of homes and am in the middle of rescuing a pair in need of help.

Please re-think breeding guinea pigs, there are already so many homeless ones and it risks the lives of the mothers.

taiesiya55
07-09-13, 03:44 pm
Uhhh....... I am allowed to do what I want

taiesiya55
07-09-13, 03:46 pm
You are horrible it just means I look after guinea pigs that are homeless jeez

RodentCuddles
07-09-13, 03:49 pm
Not sure what your PM you sent me means?

"I dont actually breed guinea pigs I call it a breeding program cos I take in homeless guinea pigs"

Why call it a breeding program if you don't breed? I'm just confused here.

If you take in homeless ones why is your oldest one just 1 year old and how come you offer out birth certificates for every pig? I just want to understand. (:

taiesiya55
07-09-13, 03:52 pm
Because its Like having heaps of guinea pigs
Sorry if I took this the wrong way Could we be friends?

taiesiya55
07-09-13, 03:58 pm
Because then the people know and if you dont its like shoving a guinea pig at there face and saying thanks for taking it bye!!!

taiesiya55
07-09-13, 03:58 pm
Oh and also about the oldest one is 1 year old cos I also sell them when they are full recovered

PiggieGuinea
07-09-13, 04:02 pm
Recovering from what? Do you only take in sick ones? Or breed bad genetics?

Kota12
07-09-13, 04:07 pm
Welcome to the forum but I agree with RodentCuddles (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/member.php?u=23045) . If you aren't breeding, why say you run a breeding program?

agirlwithink
07-09-13, 04:21 pm
I agree with everyone above. Breeding pigs is so sad when there are so many that need homes, and RodentCuddles, knows more about that than anyone. She devotes her whole life and all of her time to save these poor pigs, and if you are truly breeding them you should definitely reconsider.

YourSoJelly
07-09-13, 05:24 pm
Uhhh....... I am allowed to do what I want
Yeah, so am I. I WANTED to tell you that breeding is dangerous. RodentCuddles also WANTED to be nice to you about the topic.

You are horrible it just means I look after guinea pigs that are homeless jeez

Watch what your calling people! RodentCuddles is one of the sweetest and non-conflict person on here! And looking after homeless pigs is a "rescue". Not a "breeding program". "Breeding programs" are when you purposely put a boar and a sow together, expecting babies out of a sow.

You also need to figure out what your saying, before you submit the reply. Your wording sounds very rude and that your not willing to learn anything or change your ways.

Razzle
07-09-13, 05:59 pm
Troll Alert

CallieLovesPigs
07-09-13, 06:46 pm
Yes, as most everyone here has said, we are anti-breeding. You said, "but my friend and I have a breeding program with her so we both share our guinea pigs." Stating clearly that you ran a breeding program.

Then, members politely told you we are anti-breeding. Then you went on to tell them they are horrible and said you were running a rescue! No wonder some of us are confused.

And yes, you are allowed to do what you want. Everyone has different views on what is best for their pets. But, as this forum is anti-breeding, you definitely will get some comment you may not like, as you said you were a breeder.

Welcome to the forum!

taiesiya55
07-11-13, 06:12 pm
Umm Guys could you please stop being mean I just take in sick and poor ones I love my guinea pigs I clean there cages every 2nd day now are you going to say you need to clean it every day!
I just wanna be your friends I love guinea pigs so much when i go on holiday I cry forever and I have problems in my life all I want to say is I Love guinea pigs and would never breed guinea pigs and I have changed the name to Guinea pig rescue I have been rescuing guinea pigs and taking them from rspca for over 15 years.
Could we stop this dispute and be friends

skbrodie
07-11-13, 06:16 pm
If you are truly RESCUING pigs then that is great... I wish I could rescue all kinds of animals. Breeding on the other hand, is very dangerous. I don't think anyone is trying to be mean to you, I do however, think that we are a bit confused because you said you have a breeding program, but don't breed??

CallieLovesPigs
07-11-13, 06:28 pm
No one was being inherently mean to you. We just told you we are anti-breeding.

But yes, welcome to the forum, and please show some pigtures. :)

taiesiya55
07-12-13, 12:06 am
Thanks for understanding
Sorry cant post pics just yet just went on holiday and will post pics when I come back:)

lunarminx
07-12-13, 06:07 am
Umm Guys could you please stop being mean I just take in sick and poor ones I love my guinea pigs I clean there cages every 2nd day now are you going to say you need to clean it every day!
I just wanna be your friends I love guinea pigs so much when i go on holiday I cry forever and I have problems in my life all I want to say is I Love guinea pigs and would never breed guinea pigs and I have changed the name to Guinea pig rescue I have been rescuing guinea pigs and taking them from rspca for over 15 years.
Could we stop this dispute and be friends

I would have thought most rescues have pigs of many different ages. You are so lucky that you manage to only recuse and adopt out old piggies and are always left with just the young ones. I feel if you really wanted to be friendly with the people on the forum, you would have not posted your for sale link. You would have read the little bit about the forum being anti breeding. I feel you got what you wanted by your ad being up.

Emma Collins
07-29-13, 01:37 pm
Re: My Guinea Pigs

http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by lunarminx http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/showthread.php?p=782276#post782276)
I would have thought most rescues have pigs of many different ages. You are so lucky that you manage to only recuse and adopt out old piggies and are always left with just the young ones. I feel if you really wanted to be friendly with the people on the forum, you would have not posted your for sale link. You would have read the little bit about the forum being anti breeding. I feel you got what you wanted by your ad being up.

Please understand everybody all she did was make a few mistakes as she was writing this. It nothing to get angry or fussed over these sort of things. All she did by putting up the site to trade me of her guinea pigs was to get others to help her by treating them the way she does. If you do not understand about guinea pigs then ask her nicely don't be like "BUT YOU SAID YOU WERE BREEDING THEM!!!!". I understand your confusion but please be more respectful to her as she is just like you.
Thanks

RodentCuddles
07-29-13, 02:13 pm
I don't see the point in starting up an old thread with intentions of making people argue again.

I still do not personally believe she is an rescue as she has a few babies and none of them are de-sexed even though she gets them from the SPCA who de-sexes every guinea pig that comes in. I do not understand how they come with birth certificates if they are not breed...the SPCA or any rescue I know does not have birth certificates for every pig they get in.

I just do not believe she is a rescue. That is my opinion and I'm not looking for a fight. It is what I think and she hasn't said one thing that will change it.

PiggieGuinea
07-29-13, 02:30 pm
I think a mod needs to close this thread before we get mad again....

RandomCavy
07-29-13, 03:46 pm
PiggieGuinea yes someone please close this thread! I don't know if this person is a breeder or not, but everyone needs to stop shoving it in her face and welcome her here before they remind her that breeding isn't good for guineas. everyone here who is a Cavy Slave has that reminder above the thread when they look at the "introduce yourself" section of the forum. Please be nicer!

Artista
07-29-13, 03:59 pm
Why close the thread? You can always just ignore it. I don't dig into threads any further if they've made me upset before. :confused: