Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Milly and Turbo: World War 3

Jozette

Cavy Slave
Milly is my sow, shes had a total of 3 liters (one was an accident) but anyway we still have a daughter from her previous litter named Turbo.
Recently I tried to re-introduce Turbo because shes been lonely, well when I tried the first time it took Milly maybe 30 seconds to attack Turbo and leave her with a pretty cut. The second time I thought maybe if I put Milly into Turbo's cage they may get along better but it was short lived. Milly yet again beat Turbo up. I did research before I introduced Turbo again and almost everybody said that she would recognize her as her daughter still since they had only been separated for a few days.

I thought Milly might have been aggressive because of her current litter right now which is why I tried Turbo's cage. I'm at a loss. Its not fair to Turbo that she has to be alone but I cant keep her with her dad because we dont want more babies.

Any advice?

Last edited:

Jozette

Cavy Slave
Hi there! New to this Site! :)

I'm new to the site but not new to being a slave to my guineas haha

I tried to find answers to my problem online but I had no luck so I found this site, pretty excited about it :)

Here's my problem:

Mill who is my sow, has had a total of 3 liters (one was an accident) but anyway we still have a daughter from her previous litter named Turbo.
Recently I tried to re-introduce Turbo because shes been lonely, well when I tried the first time it took Milly maybe 30 seconds to attack Turbo and leave her with a pretty cut. The second time I thought maybe if I put Milly into Turbo's cage they may get along better but it was (broken link removed). Milly yet again beat Turbo up. I did research before I introduced Turbo again and almost everybody said that she would recognize her as her daughter still since they had only been separated for a few days.

I thought Milly might have been aggressive because of her current litter right now which is why I tried Turbo's cage. I'm at a loss. Its not fair to Turbo that she has to be alone but I cant keep her with her dad because we dont want more babies.

Any advice?

Aleks

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure if she would recognize her as her daughter or not.

When doing introductions you shouldn't just put them in each other's cages.
Introductions should be done on neutral territory (i.e in an area where neither have been).
If introductions are successful you can then place both piggies in the cage they will be sharing-- after making sure everything has been cleaned.

For more info on proper introductions you should give this a read: https://cavyspirit.com/sociallife.htm#Introductions
Hope this helps. :)

Aleks

Cavy Slave
Re: Hi there! New to this Site! :)

Welcome to the forum! Pigtures are a must. :)
I replied to this on your other thread about it.
For future reference, you're not really supposed to make more than 1 thread about the same topic. haha :p

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Hi [MENTION=28436]Jozette[/MENTION],

I went ahead and merged both of your threads so you can have all of your info in the same place. For future reference, please make sure you start only one thread per topic.

Thank you!
CavyMama
Section Moderator

Jozette

Cavy Slave
sorry, I had no idea how to work anything so I just kinda took a swing in the dark.
615069_435292553174991_1919754585_o.jpg
This is Milo. He is a good boy and I love him with all my heart.
176313_435991376438442_1388327848_o.jpg
This is Milly my problem child, she loves people but doesnt care much for other guineas besides Milo.
335-1.jpg
These are the kids from the left: 3, Houdini, Mocha, Myers, Mason
509.jpeg
And this is their older sister Turbo from Milo and Milly's previous litter.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
All your pigs are super adorable! Milo looks like he could use a nail trim though. I love all the babies lined up in a row. :)

Jozette

Cavy Slave
thanks :) that picture was right after I brought him home. he gets his nails clipped once-twice a month. hes got a problem nail that curls so that one is clipped every two weeks.

Aleks

Cavy Slave
Awhh they're such cuties!

Jozette

Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.