Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C First C&C done!

Jenny Liddle

Cavy Slave
We just finished out first C&C cage and I'm pretty proud of us :) it's 2x4, currently lined with towels until I find the uhaul pads and finish sewing up fleece for the bottom. I'm really hoping to make something along the lines of (broken link removed) brilliant fleece/velcro pad. Princess Pretty Sparkle is currently hiding in her hidey-log, new environment, new view, etc. Plus I think it's the most space she's had to herself in her entire 10ish months of life (even we had her in a "large" pet store cage for the last 2.5 weeks we've had her). Right now she has her hay on top of her hidey-log and in a recycled toilet paper tube she chases around a bit, but I saw a suet holder similar to this: First C&C done!for $1, do you think it would be a good hay holder?

Looks a little barren, we're still experimenting with extra levels/dividers for a kitchen, etc, suggestions welcome :)

First C&C done!First C&C done!First C&C done!

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
Very nice! Just so you know, you can lay the fleece on top of the towels so the pee wicks through, the towels will just stay feeling wet to her. I used towels under the fleece until I decided to try uhaul pads. If you have an extra grid you can bend it to make a hay rack, standing up works great because the older hay falls down and the freshest is at the top always I attached it to a display board, others just cover the grid behind it with fleece or whatever. I also throw hay onto the kitchen floor as they love to play/lay and climb in it.

First C&C done!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.