Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n McDonalds withdrawl

dropping_head

Cavy Slave
I stopped eating at MDs a month ago, and I have hunger fits FOR quarter pounders that feel like I have gave up crack. Even when I would make a burger at home the way it was fixed there, there was something missing.
It had the onion peddles, the ketsup and mustard and pickles, but I could not replicate the truck-dump amount of MSG that goes into the food.
Read up about MSG, what it is, and what it does, and WHY they use it and you will become more aware of the amount of it you eat. MSG is the REAL reason behind the weight problem in America.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
Do you have a Harvey's or a Burger King near by? They both have decent veggie burgers.

laura220

Cavy Slave
Hesburger has great veggie burgers! Heavenly!! When I became vegetarian there was no point in eating at McDonalds as I could only eat fries.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
I only go to McDonald's for breakfast (pancakes or a McGriddle with only egg and cheese on it) Or if I'm early for physio and it's raining. I don't like to eat a full meal before physio so fries or a Fruit and Yogurt Parfait is nice.

And am I just insane or did McDonald's have a veggie burger about 2-3 years ago. I think I remember a friend buying one, but when I switched to vegetarian I can't find a McDonald's with one. :(

TheQueen

Cavy Slave
I do remember something like a veggie burger at McD's. But of course they sucked up all the health out of that too! =D

Friendly's has the best veggie burgers. I LOVE them. Ruby Tuesday's (is that a chain? I dunno...) has good ones too!

jeza921

Cavy Slave
I tried a veggie burger at Burger King and thought I was going to vomit. It tasted like raw meat. Just thinking about it makes me feel woozy.

stitsy&codyPig

Cavy Slave
When I go to mcdonalds I only get a side salad with italian dressing.

cavy_lover

Cavy Slave
I did used to have cravings but they stopped after 3 months. MSG is an addidive that they put in some foods, too much MSG can cause chest pains and other heath issues. They put MSG in foods to make it seem more ''filling'' and to add tatse. Mc Donalds uses alot of added sugar in their buns, which can be addictive, this is where the cravings come into play. When you eat mc donalds it activates a pleasure centre in you brain. Its like smoking...you have a cigarette you feel better and you dont feel like another one for a couple of hours. When you eat the burger with the added sugar you feel better, the craving has gone. Your brain must get used to the fact that its not going to get its ''hit'' anymore. It will take awhile its you against your brain. You have to have will power.

When im at mc donalds with my friends i have a trick that stops me from giving in. I imagine the meat on the burger is a baby calf looking at me. I say to myself thats not a burger...its a calf. Its an animal. Just remember that next time you want a burger, its not food its an animal.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.