Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Lump Lump on the middle of her back

xXMaggieXx

Cavy Slave
My pig emily has been biting the sides of her back, and while I was petting her I found 2 large hard lumps on her back right in the middle, they dont look like scabs they are raised lumps, they are hard as a rock. I tried to get a picture but she is black so its hard to see
IMG_0229.jpg

Last edited:

theguineapigguy

Cavy Slave
Im sorry im no help here, but im bumping this up so hopefully someone more knowledgeable can help you out!

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
It's really hard to tell with that pic, but they kind of look like scabs that have almost healed. That's possible if she's been scratching a lot, especially if she has mites and they are really irritating her. If that isn't what they are you should probably get her in so a vet can take a look, could be an infected/impacted hair follicle, benign tumor, cyst, really a lot of things.

xXMaggieXx

Cavy Slave
Alright thanks, ill call the vet today

xXMaggieXx

Cavy Slave
It looks like it was just a big scab, it just fell off revealing perfect skin underneath, it isnt pink or raw. The vet said as long as it stays that way she is fine and doesnt need to come in.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.