Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast flooring for rabbit?

EricaLynn720

Cavy Slave
I am in the middle of building a C&C cage for my rabbit and am wondering if I can use coroplast for the flooring just like you would or a G Pig cage?

kimberly78

Cavy Slave
You can use it, but you may want to have the grids on the inside instead of the out. If the coroplast sides are on the inside of the cage the bunny can chew on them.

zakfoxmom

Cavy Slave
I have heard that same thing about putting the grids on the inside. I am finishing my bunny cage this weekend and doing the coroplast bottom.

EricaLynn720

Cavy Slave
Awesome. Thanks.
Also, is there a good way to attach the cage to the coroplast?

kimberly78

Cavy Slave
you may not want to attach it to the cage. This way if it gets really dirty you can take it apart easy to clean it. Thats just my opinion though. If your rabbit is litter trained you probably could attach it, but I cant think off hand how you could. If I come up with anything I will let you know.

EricaLynn720

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll just build the coroplast so that the cage basically sits on top of it. My oldest bunny was litter trained about 6 months ago before he was moved to a cage with the wire bottom so I hope that he can re-adjust again to a plastic bottom. I had him moved because that cage was too shallow for him and plus I got a new bunny that he bonded with. This new cage will be large enough for both of them, so hopefully they both can be successfully litter trained. Any advice?
Also, the older of the two is neutered while the younger is not. Is it possible for two rabbits to stay bonded even though the younger is not neutered? (The younger is 7 months old, the older is 2 years old. Both are mini flops)

C&R5567

Cavy Slave
Your youngest bunny is 7 months old, correct? Now's the time to have him neutered. The sooner the better. Your bunnies will stay bonded for life.

Amanda
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

kimberly78

Cavy Slave
You can litter train them very easy especially since the one was before. You may want to offer 2 litter pans, from my experience each will choose their own potty space. You can put them together with the one not fixed BUT since the unneutered bun is at breeding age you take the chance at damaging the bond if there comes a dominance issue since the one is not fixed. My best advice is to keep them side by side caged, get the younger one fixed and then start the bonding process with them sharing a new cage. Also if possible hold off on putting either of them in the new cage until you are completely ready for them to bond. This way one hasnt claimed the space his, its equal and new territory. Hope this helps.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.