Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Feet I think Twix has a spur...

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
So when I was clipping the pigs' nails I was checking over their feet as well. I found what I believe to be a spur on Twix's front foot.

I felt it, and it seems like just a flap of dead skin. It doesn't seem to be bothering him in any way, but I didn't clip it off or anything because I couldn't find the human nail clippers... Anyway, is it fine if I just left it alone for now, or do spurs need to be clipped off?

I took a picture of his foot as well...

So do I just clip it off or will it be fine just to leave it? It's only on that one foot, which is perfectly fine otherwise. All his other feet are fine as well.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
You can leave it if you want. It's possible it can catch on something and rip, so I usually clip them while I am clipping nails. You can use your usual clippers, just be careful not to clip too close to the foot pad.

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Okay, thanks. I'll clip it when I find the nail clippers.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.