PDA

View Full Version : New member of the family! Dobie.

nibbler100
05-29-13, 02:15 pm
Okay so i posted a thread about my rat adolf awhile back and for those of you who saw it, hes doing fine! but for those of you who didn't, Adolf has a brain tummer and wont be with use for much longer. Leaving behind his friend Himmler. Himmler and adolf are vary close so iv been considering getting another rat sooner rather then latter thanks to all the helpful post. So I'm introducing Dobie to all of you today (:
hes a Baby Standard ear rat. He is sooo cute ^^ the boys toke to him right away.. Although i was worried at first because Himmler seemed to not really care at all and Adolf was being a manly rat and asserting his dommonece. The next morning though i found Himmler and Dobie curled up together and i toke this picture ^^.

Varcoda
05-29-13, 02:46 pm
they look adorable together :) i love Himmler's ears!

RodentCuddles
05-29-13, 03:01 pm
So glad the new boy is getting along with the big boys!
I'm so sorry to hear about Adolf.

nibbler100
05-29-13, 03:09 pm
lol thank you Varcoda i love there ears too ^^ Adolf is a dumbo so his ears a further apart, he looks so silly XD
RodentCuddles me too XD i was so scared at first cuz there like 4 times his size! it was a major relief when i saw them getting along XD and yeah ): hes doing fine right know but its hard knowing my time is limited.

CharScoobJoey
05-29-13, 03:51 pm
They are too precious. ^~^ I want some rats, but I don't have the money for them yet.

nibbler100
05-29-13, 04:14 pm
oh trust me! xPiggyx do not go cheep on the cage >.<. stay alway from all plactic basses what so ever. You can see the wire mesh in photo.. well thats there 2 base because they chewed threw the first. i spent 3 hours looking for them. Go metal or dont go at all. Im saving right know for a nice huge all metal cage, its $230 dollers. but its the best one iv seen out there.

CharScoobJoey
05-29-13, 08:02 pm
oh trust me! @xPiggyx (http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/member.php?u=28058) do not go cheep on the cage >.<. stay alway from all plactic basses what so ever. You can see the wire mesh in photo.. well thats there 2 base because they chewed threw the first. i spent 3 hours looking for them. Go metal or dont go at all. Im saving right know for a nice huge all metal cage, its $230 dollers. but its the best one iv seen out there.
--
Don't worry, I'm not planning on getting rats any time soon. =)

Kelsie
05-29-13, 08:31 pm
Dobie is absolutely adorable. That picture of him curled up beside Himmler is precious. I'm so happy that everything worked out between the two of them. Rats are such social little creatures.

I'm so sorry about Adolf. Please give him a kiss from me.

acydrose
05-29-13, 08:41 pm
I'm not a fan of rats, but yours are probably the cutest I've seen :D

CookiesMom
05-29-13, 10:50 pm
I love rats, but am allergic. I love their little hands, how they hold food and stuff. So cute!

YourSoJelly
06-20-13, 07:02 pm
I am so glad Adolf is doing well, and that Himmler will have a new buddy when Adolf finally goes. Dobie is absolutely the cutest thing I have ever laid eyes on.

cavykaitlyn
06-20-13, 07:24 pm
Sorry about Adolf. From what I've heard he's a sweet little guy.
I've always wanted rats! But mom says no, she barely let me have mice :P I'm partial to the rodent family. What can I say? :)

LuisaSpike
06-20-13, 08:05 pm
Omigoodness that is the cutest rat i've ever seen! You better keep him locked up in that cage good and tight, or I might come and steal him!