Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Help want to build a plywood and plexiglass cage need input

Piggies123

Cavy Slave
Hi first post on forum hoping you all can help
So I'm looking to make a new cage for my 2 piggies. I want to make a plywood wood (osb) and plexiglass cage. I have not been able to find much on this other than your cage looks great. I want my cage to be 5x3 and an osb board bottom with commercial grade linoleum for easy cleaning. I want to do four sides of plexi glass, this is where I have my questions how tall should the walls be I've read different things 6" -9" I was leaning toward 6.5 - 7" and then how thick should the plexiglass be. I was leaning toward .22" thick sheets. I didn't know if thinner or thicker would be needed.
If any one has done this, has tips or suggestion I'm all ears.
Thank you

lissie

Cavy Slave
I want to do four sides of plexi glass, this is where I have my questions how tall should the walls be I've read different things 6" -9" I was leaning toward 6.5 - 7" and then how thick should the plexiglass be. I was leaning toward .22" thick sheets. I didn't know if thinner or thicker would be needed.

My top cage has 9" plexiglass wall. The bottom is 6". The height of the walls will depend on your pigs. I've heard of some pigs that climb over the 14" grid.

None of mine has escaped the cage or try to jump out. I have chubby pigs and they don't popcorn that high.

The plexiglass is 1/4" thick. I guess .22" will work.

(broken link removed)

Your cage will probably look something like this, with 4 sides of plexiglass.
(broken link removed)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.