Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New to this forum, I Love my Girls

CaroleP

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone! We just adopted 2 of the cutest 5 month old female guinea pigs! My sister's family lived with us for a year & we fell in love with their guinea pig - and miss having one in the house now that they've moved. I've kept my eyes open since then & I found these girls locally. The previous owner was relocating & couldn't take them. I need to rearrange things a bit to give them a better & fun living space, but they're happy & healthy. We were told that they were still a bit skittish, but they've already seemed to warm up to us & it's not difficult to pick them up for a snuggle. After playing with them for awhile, we found perfect names for them, Chewie (short for Chewbacca, because of the sounds she makes. My son pointed out that Chewbacca is male, but the name fits, so it's done. lol). The other is Dora, because she like to explore (my 5 & 3 yr old nephews came up with that one!)

Oh, a little about ME! I'm a 40 something, stay-at-home mom who is "this close" to becoming an empty-nester...of sorts. Our youngest graduates high school in a month & will be living at home while attending community college. Our oldest & his wife just had their first son, our first grandbaby, a week ago & I can barely wait to meet him in a few weeks. (I would've been there already, but circumstances didn't work out that way...) I take care of my nephews while my sister works, so I still have kids in the house alot of the time, which I LOVE!

I found this forum while researching different ways to house & care for the little piggies -- looks like a great place to learn & share ideas!

GoldieBrodiexx

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!! :)

SqueakyPig

Cavy Gazer
Welcome to the forum!
I would love to see a picture of Chewie and Dora (their names are adorable).
If you need any help you can ask right here.

Melissa123

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! I love their names! :heart: I have A Chewy aka Chewbacca, too.. Would love to see pictures of these two. :D

koalamissy

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the family!!! Yes, pictures are a must!! lol Everyone here is wonderful and super caring. Ask any question and you're sure to get an answer. Also, check out the "Hot Tips" category (I think that's what it's called). It has a ton of info in there.

Melissa123

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Forgot to ask, is Chewie neutered? I'm sure he is, I just didn't see it in your thread. :) EDIT: Disregard!! LOL

CaroleP

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the warm welcome! I got the girls their own avatar...and it only took me 10 minutes to figure it out! This is a picture from the previous owner. I'll get some of my own & probably start an album :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.