PDA

View Full Version : C&C I need some cage ideas!!! :)

CallieLovesPigs
05-07-13, 04:59 am
Hi guys! It's nice to post on here again, I've been really busy with school, homework, and pets.

So, Currently, I have a 2x6 C&C cage with a 2x2 loft, which I use as a kitchen. However, the Carefresh I use in the kitchen gets ALL OVER! It goes down the ramp and scatters all over the downstairs fleece. It is hard to clean up, so I want to change my loft into an actual LOFT. I have seen the kitchen from The Guinea Pig Market, and I want to get that! I want the biggest kitchen they sell...And I was wondering how many extra grids to buy.

Also, I want to add like an extra little 2x1 add on at the end, so I was wondering how many grids I would have to buy in all.

Also, my Mom is really stubborn about buying stuff. She thinks that you buy stuff one time and you are all good. I want fleece products shipped from the USA, and I want a website that is cheap and good. Also, I am trying to not support any pet store, So I will hopefully get KMS, get the fleece products, and what else do I need? I wold also appreciate pictures and links! Thanks! :)

Inle_Rabbit
05-07-13, 05:47 am
Try using a pellet litter instead of care fresh. It is easier to clean off the fleece and doesn't spread like that.

Varcoda
05-07-13, 06:10 am
Home : Shop | Joann.com (http://www.joann.com/) and fabric.com are good places for fleece :)

sketch out your cage design and you'll see how many grids you need

CallieLovesPigs
05-07-13, 02:03 pm
Ok Thanks guys! I would love to see more replies!

bcthomp83
05-07-13, 02:21 pm
Here's what I just finished making. It's pretty big as it has 2 levels, a kitchen and 2 hay racks. I also bought an additional water bottle for the upper level that I am going to put on tonight when I get home. It was my first attempt on a home-made enclosure...

lissie
05-07-13, 02:23 pm
So, Currently, I have a 2x6 C&C cage with a 2x2 loft, which I use as a kitchen. However, the Carefresh I use in the kitchen gets ALL OVER! It goes down the ramp and scatters all over the downstairs fleece.

Did the 2nd level have a lip at the ramp? If you add about 1 or 2 inches lip, it can help contain the litter.

CallieLovesPigs
05-07-13, 02:24 pm
Yeah I saw your thread. Very cute cage, Love it! :)

CallieLovesPigs
05-07-13, 02:24 pm
lissie : No, but thanks for the advice! :)