Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Prospective guinea pig and rabbit owner

alphilip77

Cavy Slave
Greetings everyone!

I have been following your site for a month or so now and have been absolutely fascinated and impressed by the amount of care and level of knowledge you display regarding your guinea pigs, rabbits and other small critter companions. I look forward to utilizing this forum as a means to collaborate with others in all ideas and concepts guinea pig (and rabbit) related.

Just a little bit about myself. I'm a 23 yr old male grad student going for my Master's degree in Aquaculture and Aquatic Sciences. Now, I've always been an animal lover my entire life. I have had several dogs and cats with my family, some reptiles and amphibians, and COUNTLESS fish lol. But strangely the only experience I've had with owning a small animal (i.e. gerbils, gps, rabbits, etc) was having one hamster when I was 5 or 6 yrs old. This probably had to do with the fact that my mother was stuck taking care of the little rascal at the time (and she claims it hissed at her, whether she was joking or not I'll never truly know lol) as well as any other pets we had so ultimately it was my parents' decision on what we could/couldn't have in the house. Currently I have 3 cats back home that you'd swear were people too by the way they act and their personalitieslol

The reason I currently do not have any guinea pigs or rabbits is because of my living situation. I currently rent out a studio apartment that is more or less the size of a dorm room (plus its extra on top of rent to have pets) and I also have no one to care for them when I go home to visit family and friends or if I have to present research findings at meetings/conferences.:sad:

So yeah, that's me in a nutshell. If anyone wants to ask anything about me or my interest in guinea pigs (or rabbits) feel free to message me!

soccerchickgrp5

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
welcome to the forum :D glad you joined!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.