Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hey everyone

Jj_and_piggies

Cavy Slave
I decided to make an account here. I have two male guinea pigs 1 is 6 weeks and the other is 4 weeks, I have had them for two weeks any tips?

clb89

Cavy Slave
Well first off welcome aboard. I wasn't aware you could have take a guinea pig at two weeks old. Do you have specific questions?
Basically the tips I know of is to have a big enough cage, feed vegetables and hay daily. Make sure you have a good quality pellet, and know a guinea pig knowledgeable vet.

Tally943
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
welcome to the forum, the tip for having a big cage, hay and vegetables are the very important basics :D you already covered the buddy part.

a very important tip: MAKE SURE the gender is the same! :)

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
Well it's a little concerning that you took a guinea pig home that was 2 weeks old, are you weighing them regulaurly? I would be concerned about them not growing properly since they were taken from mom so young.

Danichuck

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum everyone is so helpful on this site I have learned a ton. Please make sure you read the posts and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask. It's is a great community and everyone is so knowledgable.

Agrimony

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome! We'd all love to see pictures of them, I'm sure. I hope you find this forum very helpful :)

Jj_and_piggies

Cavy Slave
Thanks my pigs are not two weeks old one of them is 4 weeks and the other is 6 weeks

Jj_and_piggies

Cavy Slave
Yup I am weighing them everyday thanks for :) that tip one of them is 4 weeks and the other is 6 weeks and I have had them for two weeks

Jj_and_piggies

Cavy Slave
Two weeks is way too young hehehe they are 4 weeks and the other is 6 weeks but I owned them for two week I have one question my six week old pigs urine is white colour do you know what I should do

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum,
The best way to learn is by asking questions, so definitely feel free to ask us anything.
As for tips, I would have a read of our nutrition chart ((broken link removed)) and have a check to make sure your cage size is correct (Guinea Pig Cages, Your Cavy At Home) and look around in your area for a knowledgeable exotics vet.

I would love to see some pigtures! :)

Two weeks is way too young hehehe they are 4 weeks and the other is 6 weeks but I owned them for two week I have one question my six week old pigs urine is white colour do you know what I should do

The white urine is calcium deposits, most younger pigs excrete them in their urine. At their age, calcium deposits are fairly normal, but keep an eye out for gritty deposits (Gritty deposits are a sign of sludge in the bladder https://www.guinealynx.info/stones.html).

clb89

Cavy Slave

As the other poster said that would be calcium deposit. I'm confused then I guess if you owned them for two weeks and right now they are four and six weeks doesn't that mean you got them when they were four and two weeks old?

Jj_and_piggies

Cavy Slave
Sorry yes I am very confusing I even confuse my self most of the time hehehe I got one of the pigs at three weeks and I brought one of them at since they started eating pellets hay and veggies already and I got the other at 4 weeks sorry I made a mistake because I was half asleep while posting that thanks for the info

clb89

Cavy Slave
Sorry yes I am very confusing I even confuse my self most of the time hehehe I got one of the pigs at three weeks and I brought one of them at since they started eating pellets hay and veggies already and I got the other at 4 weeks sorry I made a mistake because I was half asleep while posting that thanks for the info

Yeah that makes more sense. I was starting to think I wasn't doing the math right. lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.