Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Buying your own supplies to make C&C cage

Bunnyluvr

Cavy Slave
I am wondering what is cheaper...Buying your own grids and coroplast to make a cage OR buying a set from this site to make one. I know it would be easier to just buy from here but it seems expensive? I don't know.

Thanks,
Amy

GoldieBrodiexx

Cavy Slave
It depends where you are, so where supplies would be getting shipped from. If you live in the US you can get grids from Walmart, Kmart and Sears (not Target), and coro from sign shops. You'll have to look around and compare prices.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
I bought my own grinds but ordered the coro base and ramp from the store, I wanted the black. I also ordered the patio and a loft. The fact that the edges were straight and a perfect fit was worth it to me.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Many members here have bought coroplast from this place for $10 for a 4x8 ft sheet.
The location near me charges $20.
(broken link removed)

You can get a box of grids from Sears. This seems to be the cheapest one I've found. Other stores have less grids per box.
www.sears.com/stor-floor-standing-6-cube-storage-unit/p-00913332000P

Edit to add:
If the cage you're planning to build is not bigger than 2x4.5 grids. This sheet is big enough.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/72-in-x-36-in-x-5-32-in-Twinwall-Plastic-Sheet-COR-3672/202771364

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.