Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Finally Made a C&C Cage, and needing new hideys!

BNCavy91

Cavy Slave
I am so happy for my girls, they finally have a 2x5 C&C cage. I thought their previous cage was great ( we had 2 pet store cages put together, plus 2nd floors on each of them) but now that they have 1 floor that is huge, they are SO happy!
We are also now going to be making lots of new toys for them ( they only have 1 pigloo right now, because thats all they could have in their old cage without taking too much space) So we are looking to make a fleece house or 2, they need a new hay rack!
I will post pictures in the AM!
Any ideas on good space saving hideys? I'm googling now but I am looking to make one versus buy. =)
Cheers.

missguineaginns

Cavy Slave
What I did for hideys was I actually made little tent hideys by bending a grid leftover from the cage materials in half. I then tied fleece on the sides to make it cozy inside. My pigs love them, even more than pigloos and there are two exits. I can't post pics right now but I have some in my profile account. Also, they are super cheap to make because you can use leftover materials.

CookiesMom

Cavy Slave
I made hideys with scraps of fleece which I attach to the corners with this kind of paper clip.
Works great. Also made a hidey with an extra square of cube, which I fastened on top ,and hung scraps of fleece down (fleece forest).

Attachments

paper clip.jpg

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
fleece forests, fleece hammocks, little tents :)

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Fleece forests! They will become your pigs favorite hidey!

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
What I did for hideys was I actually made little tent hideys by bending a grid leftover from the cage materials in half. I then tied fleece on the sides to make it cozy inside. My pigs love them, even more than pigloos and there are two exits. I can't post pics right now but I have some in my profile account. Also, they are super cheap to make because you can use leftover materials.

I did the same thing, with some I had long ties so it was more of a hidey.Finally Made a C&C Cage, and needing new hideys!Finally Made a C&C Cage, and needing new hideys!Finally Made a C&C Cage, and needing new hideys!

ziggynmarley

Cavy Slave
I use old shoe boxes with an entrance and an exit for them

Traysea

Cavy Slave
someone was just talking about making a bunk bed and someone posted a pic of "L" shape folded grid tie wrapped on to the cage, maybe that would be nice to do since it frees up floor space...

Schmidgen

Cavy Slave
My piggies love the brown cardboard tubes that Oatmeal comes in. I buy the really big container because my husband eats it all the time. I just cut the paper off the outside and the bottom out so they can run all the way though.

piggypuppylove

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I second the bent grid tents and fleece forests. Fleece forests are great because they dont really take up any space and piggies adore them. Today I made one with a cut up old pair of blue jeans.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.