Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Piggie owner to this site!

mindynelson

Cavy Slave
I am new to the Cavy world & new to this site. I have 2 piggies & loving it! Any advice and/or information to help be the best cavy slave would be much appreciated...

piggielove123

Cavy Slave
welcome : )

pigsNblanket

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I'm new as well, pigtures please:jester:

mindynelson

Cavy Slave
I am trying to upload photos from my phone but I can't drag pics as itctells me to.... HELP! ;-)

adelore

Cavy Slave
Welcome to both of you. I'm so glad you found us. Wish I could help you with the phone pictures, but I have no clue, I have a lap top. Sorry. I'm sure someone on here will be along that will be able to help you with the pictures. Meanwhile how old are your piggies, what kind do you have, tell us all about them. What names did you give them ect. You know give us the scoop about your little darlings. You'll find the topics on here are sorted out in Group topics, feel free to post in all the topics that you want to. Enjoy the forum!

Nessy

Cavy Slave
Welcome Mindynelson.
I'm new too so haven't any advice for you except that the search engine is great for finding info on here and the sticky-threads in the various sections are really useful. Also the experienced folk on here have been great at answering my questions.
I'm still in the process of research myself!
Good luck with your piggies x

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
welcome to the forum! we'd love to hear about your piggies if you're having trouble with pics :)

the standard advices are to make sure your piggies are the right gender (if they're new to you :D) , you have a large enough cage ( C&C being the preferred choice), and you're feeding them abundant hay, good pellets, and a cup of fresh veggies daily :D

mindynelson

Cavy Slave
I am working on the photo situation because I have to upload the pic of my sweet angels. They are so sweet & loving. I have Piglet, she's white with a small dark patch around her eye. They said she was a little under 6 months when we got her (from pet store but that was before I knew right from wrong) & we've had her about 2 months now. I don't think she's that old though. And then we have Miss Piggy who we rescued from a neighbor that weren't able to take care of her well. She's white, with brown patches with the rocker. Spiky hair. They said she was under a year old but I'm not sure either. I know they're both girls though. We have a Midwest interactive cage coming in that's 18 square feet. Its actually 9 sq ft cages but you connect them together. We use fleece as bedding because I feel its softer. I'm OCD so we pretty much clean the cage with clean fresh fleece every other day & spot clean twice a day. I'm anxious to load photos for you guys to see. We feed the plain green pellets & tons of endless Timothy hay everyday. They love fresh veggies so we give them a nice helping once a day. With a constant supply of LOTS of fresh clean water

addictivejuliet

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
@mindynelson: Welcome to the forum :)
I hope you like it here.
To be the best cavy slave, love your piggies lots and give them veggies & cuddles ;)
If you need anything or have any questions feel free to ask me or anyone else and we will help you out in the best way we can!!
xox

pigsNblanket

Cavy Slave
I use the fleece as well, but I change it like everyday cause I'm not sure what to put under it. Does anyone have any suggestions for Carl and me:eye-poppi

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.